“Delicious”
Review of Tiberio Trattoria

Tiberio Trattoria
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Tiberio Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #375 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went here for lunch which was awesome. I had the chicken salad and it was one of the best chicken salads I have ever had. Mainly populated by Italians and not tourists so you know you are onto a winner.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As the other reviewers have mentioned, this is not a tourist restaurant. It is a wonderful, bustling local trattoria. Staff, which seems to be mostly family, have a limited, but helpful in a pinch grasp of English. In Italy, why would anyone expect more?
My husband noticed this place, essentially out of necessity, because the shelves and deli in the local Il Centro (Despar), a few shops away, were bare. (Worth a walk through, to marvel at how they manage to stay open, after lunch, if you can get there before they close. )
As it was lunchtime and hot, my husband and I skipped the pastas and each had a secondo. I had the coniglio, my husband had the veal meatballs, and we both chose the salad over potatoes or beans. The portions were ample and the food was very good....even the bread was fresh and interesting. The meatballs appeared to be very dry and in need of sauce, but they were actually quite tender and tasty.
To follow, we got one order of watermelon and a coffee for my husband. I had been craving watermelon and although it was seeded, it was cold and did not disappoint. My husband even found the coffee to be one of the best he had had.
On our way out, we took a hard look at the desserts, which all looked terrific and house made....just a bit too heavy on a warm day at lunchtime. Certainly an incentive for a return, though.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is a bit away from the tourist crush and mainly caters to locals. It was recommended by our hotel and it didn't disappoint. It was so good we went twice. First time we hit the menu of the day and had a beef carpaccio with roast potatoes and salad - believe me, it beat the pants off the equivalent Sunday roast beef you get in England. Second time I had veal steak and my friend tagliatelle ragu - it was again fantastic.

Not sure how I will cope with the English food when I get back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a nice courtyard setting out the back - peaceful on a cooling hot summers night. The waiter was excellent, the food fresh and tasty. It's close to the city but not touristic at all. Plenty of locals seemed to be eating there. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We dined in the tiberio trattoria this evening and average is the best rating we can give. To begin with, we weren't greeted well at the door, merely waved in the general direction of a table in the corner. The English menu was terrible - the Italian menu was more informative than the English translation!!! Overall we found the service rather curt albeit prompt. We both thought the meals were "fine" although I had fish and was unable to finish it as I had the impression from the texture of the fish that it had not been cooked properly and I could not get the idea out of my head and had to leave the rest. I feel fine now but if I'm running for the toilet later, I'll know why!!! We ate dessert - I had the chocolate cake which is really only for hard core chocolate fans - it was so rich and dark and heavy. My boyfriend had the cheesecake which was to die for. It tasted gorgeous and had such a light and pleasant texture. It is the only reason we would return and for that alone. The atmosphere in the restaurant was awkward. As we were finishing our meal, the owner came out and started watching TV and we could hear the vacuum cleaner running in the back room. We weren't loitering over our meal but we felt an urgency to leave.