“Great food, not surrounded by tourists”
Review of Tiberio Trattoria

Tiberio Trattoria
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Tiberio Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #419 of 2,912 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We went here for a lunch after arriving to Florence from Siena, because this place was just few hundred meters from our hotel. The place is definitely for locals as all the other customers were locals on lunch break. They have a daily changing lunch menu and á la carte menu. We ordered "tripudio di mare" (spaghetti with sea food) from the á la carte menu and it was very delicious and the portion was big.

The á la carte menu was more expensive than the daily menu, but overall the prices were reasonable. When we ordered the waitress informed us that it would take more time to prepare our meal, because we didn't order from the daily menu. However, we didn't have to wait any longer than the other customers.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is not a place for tourists, more like a place where locals go during their lunch break.
The food is simple (home style), but delicious.
We tried the "tripudio di mare" and it was at least super yummy! Spaghetti with mussels, clams, shrimps, scampi and squids. Just lovely!
The menu of the day is pretty cheap, the á la carte menu is a bit more expensive.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went here for lunch which was awesome. I had the chicken salad and it was one of the best chicken salads I have ever had. Mainly populated by Italians and not tourists so you know you are onto a winner.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As the other reviewers have mentioned, this is not a tourist restaurant. It is a wonderful, bustling local trattoria. Staff, which seems to be mostly family, have a limited, but helpful in a pinch grasp of English. In Italy, why would anyone expect more?
My husband noticed this place, essentially out of necessity, because the shelves and deli in the local Il Centro (Despar), a few shops away, were bare. (Worth a walk through, to marvel at how they manage to stay open, after lunch, if you can get there before they close. )
As it was lunchtime and hot, my husband and I skipped the pastas and each had a secondo. I had the coniglio, my husband had the veal meatballs, and we both chose the salad over potatoes or beans. The portions were ample and the food was very good....even the bread was fresh and interesting. The meatballs appeared to be very dry and in need of sauce, but they were actually quite tender and tasty.
To follow, we got one order of watermelon and a coffee for my husband. I had been craving watermelon and although it was seeded, it was cold and did not disappoint. My husband even found the coffee to be one of the best he had had.
On our way out, we took a hard look at the desserts, which all looked terrific and house made....just a bit too heavy on a warm day at lunchtime. Certainly an incentive for a return, though.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is a bit away from the tourist crush and mainly caters to locals. It was recommended by our hotel and it didn't disappoint. It was so good we went twice. First time we hit the menu of the day and had a beef carpaccio with roast potatoes and salad - believe me, it beat the pants off the equivalent Sunday roast beef you get in England. Second time I had veal steak and my friend tagliatelle ragu - it was again fantastic.

Not sure how I will cope with the English food when I get back.