“Not to be missed!”

Florence Markets and Delis Visit Including Food Tasting
Ranked #23 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Florence Urban Adventures offers the best authentic Food Lovers walking tours around Florence. Linda Sorgiovanni and her team of passionate local guides, sommelier and passionate food lovers will take you on a walking tour where you will uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Florence.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this experience, and would encourage anyone visiting Florence to put it at the top of their "to-do" list. We were traveling with our adult daughter, who is a major "foodie," and I booked the tour mostly because I knew she would love it. We had been on a "food tour" several years ago in Portland so I knew more or less what it would be like, but I have to say that this tour surpassed all of my expectations. Linda makes you feel like she has nothing better to do than to spend time with you...for all of the stops we made and incredible tastings of everything from olive oil to wine to gelato, we didn't once feel hurried or rushed. It's a bit like walking around with a new best friend who is showing you all these cool places in her hometown---NOT like you have signed up for a formal "tour." We must have asked a million-and-one questions, and Linda was always gracious in sharing her knowledge of not just Florence but the whole region. For first-timers that was incredibly helpful and we learned SO much. This was absolutely a highlight of our trip...

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I had a great time and enjoyed the many shops. Linda was/is a wonderful guide. Thank you Linda for convincing me to expand my horizons and forego my usual palet.

Linda S, Manager at Florence Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our Florence Foodies Tour it was great to have met you and to show you the real florence!
Best Linda

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went on Linda's Aperitivo tour our first night in Florence the last week of April 2014. We were so lucky to be the only people on our tour and what a treat it was! Linda is fantastic. She is personable, very knowledgeable about Florence (its history, architecture, local merchants and artists), the local foods, restaurants and wine. My husband and I both agreed this was one of the best things we did on our 10 day trip to Florence and Tuscany. We really appreciated Linda's approach to our tour- she took us for gelato sorbet first, down some beautiful side streets to see local artisans at work, beautiful views of the Arno, and ending up at a fantastic wine bar with the most delicious food and wines. We could not have planned a more wonderful way to become acquainted with this beautiful city and country. FYI- this is not just for newbies to Florence. This was my 4th trip to Florence in about 12 years and is my favorite way to begin my trip. A MUST do!

Thank you for your fantastic review! It was so lovely to have met you on our Aperitivo Time! Florence Wine Tour
Best Regards
Linda

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went on this tour the first day we arrived in Florence. We were so lucky that it was just the two of us and Linda. Linda was an amazing guide. We learned so much about Florence and the wine, cheese and truffles were absolutely incredible. We really appreciated touring some of the more local areas in addition to the famous sites. Thank you Linda!

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have you on our Florence foodies Tour
Best Regards Linda

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were very lucky to be the only couple on our urban adventure on a drizzly, cool afternoon in Florence with our wonderful guide Linda. Her knowledge and culture of the area and all it's great little eateries was fabulous. Thank you for such a great afternoon of laughs and fun. We are now gelato lovers who are experts in choosing the best ones in town lol.
Everyone should book an Urban Adventure!!

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have you on our Florence Foodies Tour
Best Regards Linda