“A pizzeria that cares.”

Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Florence, Italy
“A pizzeria that cares.”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I love that Chef Gennaro Napolitano (and he's really from Naples) cares about the ingredients he uses, including some Slow Food Presidia food and products! They have a wood-fired oven and I saw some good looking pizza's coming out, but we chose other things on the menu. The eggplant appetizer was really delicious (there version of Eggplant Parmigiano) and the chicken and mushroom dish was wonderful. Desserts are killer here also and everything including the table bread is made in-house. Sure, it's a little tourist - it's in a very central location in the Piazza della Mercata, but I saw plenty of Italian families and people of all ages dining, as well.

• Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Good pizza near the central market”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

RossoPomodoro offers good Neopolitan-style pizza in a friendly, laid back atmosphere. I appreciate that the first item on the menu is a pizza without cheese, as I am lactose intolerant and, therefore, rarely get to enjoy the pizza experience with my daughter. This evening, we just noticed that a RossoPomodoro has opened in Eataly in NYC, near our home, and we'll definitely give it another try to bring back memories of our great week in Italy.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Stick to pizza at best! ”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

I knew there was one of these in London and it always looked good. In hind site, should have avoided a chain restaurant, but we were hungry and couldn't agree on another restaurant. The waiters can't be faulted. Polite and efficient. However, we ordered the buffalo steak for main. We were asked how we wanted it cooked, so we asked for medium rare. What we got was medium to well at best. We sent this back, but what came back out appeared to have been microwaved (even the accompanying rocket now seemed limp). Our waiter apologised but seemed to think our problem was we didn't like it (telling us to order something else). We tried to explain it was just the way it was being cooked, but he and the manager didn't seem to understand. At 15 euros a plate, I would expect it cooked better than a kebab shop. They offered us desserts and coffee, but at this point we were a bit embarrassed and had lost our appetites. We were not charged for our main, but left still hungry with a manager apologising profusely. The pizzas did look good. Just be careful with the more adventurous stuff.

Alameda, California
“Average, at best”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I'm disappointed we spent one of our limited meals here. The restaurant is absolutely geared towards tourists, and I was not impressed at all by the pizza. It was somewhere between a thin crust and a thick crust, and the middle was soggy. It is a chain restaurant and you get exactly what you would expect from that.

• Visited February 2013
Lynn A
“very nice pizza”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

very good Pizza and the most funny waiter, thankyou Adriano, was an excellent service.
I tryed the fired Pizza, very good.

Visited February 2013