“Go for seafood!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The night was warm, so we went for seafood. My octopus starter was perfect, and so was my mixed grilled seafood. My husband enjoyed his seafood risotto, and we also got a perfect bottle of white wine. The bread they serve tasted the best in Florence. Lemon sorbet and chocolate surprise - just perfect. Loved every minute of the experience, not cheap at all but utterly delicious.
Staff - polite and unintrusive.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Osteria dell Olio was recommended to us by a leather dealer in town. From the minute we arrived the evening could not have been better. Amazing food, great people, so good in fact that we returned the following night! Thank you Manuel and Paola for a wonderful time!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We ate there in July 2012. My husband and I went to the restaurant right after our poor experience in Grand Hotel Baglioni. Taxi driver brought us there(I know it's close) and we haven't even make a reservation. Our waiter saw us very stressed and offered a cocktail on the house and some appetizers. We got very relaxed and the meal was delicious! Lemon souffle was incredible - one of the best I have ever had! We chatted with the waiter (unfortunately we don't remember his name) he recommended great wine and got very relaxed! I will definitely come back there when I will be in Florence!
Grazie!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The package was great, extremely friendly people. Great selection of wine. Must try this authentic place! Good job guys

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Words cannot even begin to describe the meal we enjoyed at Osteria dell'Olio. I have to admit, after reading the reviews not only on Yelp, Tripadvisor AND a local message board, I was slightly afraid they would not live up to the hype. Let me allay any fears here and now-not only do they live up to the hype, I have to say they actually supercede it. As someone who has eaten in many of “the best” steakhouses in the States, the Bistecca Fiorentina was without question the best piece of red meat I have had the privilege of consuming. But I get ahead of myself.

To begin with, the location is perfect for a wonderful dinner. Perfectly situated a block from the Duomo, Osteria Dell’Olio provides the best of both worlds. You can enjoy the tourist “kitsch” as you walk around the breathtaking Duomo, but after a few quick steps (and I wore 5 inch heels, so trust me, it was literally just a few steps!), you enter the peaceful sanctuary of Piazza dell”Olio. Escaping from the constant hassle of street vendors selling flowers, scarves, and other items to fill your extra suitcase, Osteria dell’Olio provides the wonderful atmosphere for dining. While we were there, we were surrounded by a 50/50 mix of locals and tourists. Although we attempted to use our shaky (at best!) Italian, the server and all staff immediately responded in flawless English. Although that, at times, can be a red light for me, this proved to be just another part of their impeccable service. Just as in any other finer Italian dining establishment, dinner is an experience not a meal. Arrive ready to soak in the ambience as well as the food. Although we did not have reservations, we were able to sit outside. As such, I cannot speak to the interior (other than the wonderfully kept WC).

We started the meal splitting a wonderful “special” pasta with asparagus and scallops. This of course was preceded by the bread basket (Do NOT skip this! This was some of the best bread I have had since landing in Italy over a week ago). We had enjoyed a full day Tuscan wine tour previous to dinner, so we forgo the wine list, but I have to say it looked amazing-great prices for a wonderful selection. As we had heard previously this was….”The best steak”... we decided to order the Bistecca Fiorentina for two. It did NOT disappoint. Not only was the portion abundant, the quality was out of this world. Please-I beg you-preserve this dish’s integrity and get it cooked rare. You will thank me later (Yes, even if you are a medium-well kind of person!). After powering our way through our main entree, we did not have room for dessert, but I can say that the table behind us had come back specifically for the “chocolate surprise” dessert they had enjoyed the night before. And it is apparently so good they all left a portion of their entree uneaten just to save room!

The meal was capped by a house limoncello (gratis) that was far and away the best we have ever had. I know, I know, I have said that several times. But this one is coming from someone who has made my own limoncello in the past as Christmas gifts-that is how familiar we are with the drink.

Having spent a week+ in Italy thus far (Rome, Naples/Amalfi Coast/Florence), I do have to admit this is the best meal we have enjoyed since landing. That said, I also could say this rivals the best balanced meal I have consumed-I have traveled quite extensively throughout Europe/Asia/the Americas. Long story short, this is a must stop for anyone in the Florence area. Pasta, Steak, Seafood, Wine, Ambiance, impeccable service-it has it all!