“Great restaurant in the heart of Florence”
Review of Osteria dell Olio

Osteria dell Olio
Ranked #990 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food was delicious, all the courses from all 5 of us. Even after our desert there were some mouth watering beef going to other tables and we were talking about going back to the restaurant once again before leaving.
Great selection of wine, good service from staff.
I recommend this restaurant 100% and would definitely go back in my next stay in Florence.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is an overpriced tourist trap. The service was indifferent. I felt like I was being ignored because we were American tourists. The food was OK but way overpriced. To make it worse, we were seated at a cramped table for 4 right at the top of a stairway. Avoid this place.

2  Thank Tommie1985
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A private tour guide recommended this restaurant. We had lunch and loved it so much, the next day we went back and brought our friends. Everything was fantastic!!! Seriously- best food and service we had in Florence. Most fun as well!! Tried several kinds of pasta, 2 soups, rack of lamb, and rissotto.
Manu- owner-was very gracious and extraordinarily wonderful host and Amedeo-waiter- was a ball-a bunch of fun! We felt like regulars!
If you go expect wonderful food and a locals restaurant (despite location).

1  Thank FoodieJen1
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Although the Via dell'oglio is located a few meters from the Batisterio, one of the main tourist attractions in Florence, few tourists actually walk along this small street. I was walking around, entered the street - more because the name might indicated the presence of a guild building - and noticed the restaurant there. I came back for dinner and had a great time, with a pasta-based primmo piatto followed by typical florentine brazed meat.

The service was attentive, the food arrived fast and tasted great, and I used the free wifi to connect. It ended up being a great choice.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The night was warm, so we went for seafood. My octopus starter was perfect, and so was my mixed grilled seafood. My husband enjoyed his seafood risotto, and we also got a perfect bottle of white wine. The bread they serve tasted the best in Florence. Lemon sorbet and chocolate surprise - just perfect. Loved every minute of the experience, not cheap at all but utterly delicious.
Staff - polite and unintrusive.