“Duck bacon hand made linguine pasta”
Review of Osteria dell Olio

Osteria dell Olio
Ranked #959 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My local friend Tommaso who runs Hotel Davanzati took me there. He told me about their handmade linguine pasta with duck bacon. It is a bowl of handmade linguine pasta with strips of duck bacon on the bottom covered with steaming hand made linguine topped with shavings of Parmesan the size of matchbook covers along with thin truffle slices. It all melts together. We ate inside. A week later I went back by myself had the same thing but ate outside. Also ask and try their special liquore made from mint and laurel leaves.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I have been studying in Florence for 4 months and this restaurant has the best food in the city. I have come back so many times with my friend and family and everyone loves it. The food is great and the staff is so friendly. When I'm feeling homesick I go there and they make me feel so welcome. I am truly going to miss this place when I leave.

2  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food and service was unmatched here. The waiter told us to trust him and he chose what we ordered and it was so good. This was the best meal we had in Florence.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I just found this restaurant hidden in a site street behind the Duomo. Decided to look at the food others were eating and liked it. Wine lists needs an update however the food was good. Recommended

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Yes, stunning stuff. Beautifully prepared and lip-smackingly good.
The waiter was very helpful and profusely apologetic about the delay.
Being freshly cooked to order rather than warmed up and finished off, it does take a bit longer.
But then again, we're were on holiday, having a leisurely evening meal. We didn't mind drinking our wine and chatting whilst we waited and wanted to make an evening of it anyway.
When it arrived, the seafood grill was a handsome feast, as indeed was my sea-bream baked in aluminium foil. A very tasty meal and the desserts were equally good too.
All the other diners were Italian locals - must be a good sign.
Tommie1985 - I bet you slate everywhere - it's not overpriced - you're a skinflint!