“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toscana in Bocca

Toscana in Bocca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taylor made private cooking classes
Los Angeles CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I Love, love, love Stefania and the wonderful time we had with her! I, my partner, my sister and a close friend all shared three days of cooking with Stefania. It was like being with family! Stefania was so easy to be with and so informative. I have made many of the recipes we learned since coming home.. some of them many times, and always have impressed dinner guests with the results. I would do it again in a heartbeat and also look forward to hosting her here some day so that my friends can experience the fun and the AMAZING food that we did!

Visited April 2011
2 Thank hursey

Redondo Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cooking Class by Stefania - Toscana in Bocca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

On my first trip to Europe my brothers and I spent time in Florence, Italy and had made arrangements to take cooking classes from Stefania of Toscana in Bocca. We had such an amazing experience. I am Italian myself and yet I learned so much from Stefania with all of the dishes she taught us to prepare. She welcomed us into her home where she provided not only excellent instruction in the preparation of many different dishes, but warmhearted gracious hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting down to a table of freshly prepared Italian dishes, good wine, and wonderful company. I am of Italian heritage and I can truly say that the meals she helped us prepare (all from scratch of course) are by far some of the most authentic delicious Italian dishes I have had in many years. We had such an amazing time with Stefania that we became fast friends and all of us decided we wanted to come back, not just to Florence (a City you can't help falling in love with) but also to be able to avail ourselves of additional cooking classes from this amazingly lovely woman and incredible cook.

Visited February 2011
4 Thank Theresalh
Corpus Christi, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I feel like an Italian Chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

I was one of the girlfriends in Florence with Angie. Our whole trip to Italy was waiting for this amazing adventure of cooking Italian. We had a wonderful time shopping with Stephania at the Centrale Market. She showed us the true nature of the ingredients to use and what to look for in spices to build the flavors. She also had a balsamic vinegar tasting set up for us. The aroma's of the fresh produce and spices filled your senses and inspired your inner Italian. It was exciting to chop, slice, simmer, and mold the ingredients we purchased at the market into this fabulous Italian meal with Stefania's instruction. Our lunch was fun and delicious. Stefania opened her home and shared her cooking skills, her wine, her uncle's lemoncello (bellisimo!) and her knowledge of Florence !! Thank you Stefania!!! Angie, let's go again next year!!

4 Thank HallStars4
Corpus Christi, Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

While in Florence my girlfriends and I took a one day cooking class with Stefania. It was an amazing experience. In the morning she met us at our hotel and took us on a tour of the Central Market .All the fresh produce was unbelievable!! After we shopped for our lunch she took us to her apartment and began our cooking instructions. She taught us how to make fresh pasta and how to use local ingredients.We then sat down to a fabulous lunch with white and red wine. I came home inspired!!! She shared her knowledge of Florence and cooking and opened her home to us !! Thank you Stefania!!!

5 Thank angelavol
Florence, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great, great cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I did not take this class, but my wife and two teenaged daughters did. However, when I dropped them off Stephania asked me and my son to return to eat what my family cooked, and we did. My girls and wife raved about the excellent instruction and the food was the best meal we have had in the three months we have been traveling throughout Europe.She had my family of five in her house to eat the food the women cooked, and we had wine, dessert, lemoncelli and great conversation. My twin 14-year old girls will be making home made past a for years to come, they were impressed that it was so easy and fun. It was one of those small investments that will last our family for years and years in California. Expensive, yes, but subtract the price for a five star meal and the experience they had was truly once in a lifetime.

4 Thank beckerworldtrip