“Great cooking and dining experience!”
Review of Toscana in Bocca

Toscana in Bocca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taylor made private cooking classes
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stephania is a gracious, patient teacher. I am a slow novice cook but love trying new recipes and learning the tricks of the trade. She was not the least bit judgmental about my lack of skill, My sister-in-law and I did this event together. Stephania created a menu based on our requests and her knowledge of local specialties. We prepared eggplant parmigiana, chicken with olives, zucchini flan, lemon and riccota ravioli, and a red wine and chocolate cake dessert. Everything from scratch, elegant and delicious plus something we could do at home again later. A practical and happy event. Stephania opened her home to us and made us feel very welcome. We chatted abut local customs and restaurants to try. You will not be disappointed! A five star experience.

2  Thank Louise A
in 18 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stefania is a wonderful chef, teacher and new friend! My husband, I and another couple spent an evening with Stefania, learning how to prepare and cook some delicious local dishes. She opened her home to us for this cooking lesson, and we all walked away with satisfied appetites and some amazing recipes to try at home. Stefania's Toscana in Bocca should be on everyone's list of things to do and experience in Florence. It was an evening we will never forget!

Linda and Jim Hall

1  Thank hallls8770
Reviewed 12 January 2012

WOW! Stephania was amazing! From the cooking classes to the friendly conversation and tips of travel in and around Florence, Stephnia really opens her home and world to those that come for cooking classes. I was so impressed by my experience that I offered to take photos for her so she could update her website. She is very talented as a chef and is a hostess extraordinaire! I highly recommend her!

3  Thank BluzVox69
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I Love, love, love Stefania and the wonderful time we had with her! I, my partner, my sister and a close friend all shared three days of cooking with Stefania. It was like being with family! Stefania was so easy to be with and so informative. I have made many of the recipes we learned since coming home.. some of them many times, and always have impressed dinner guests with the results. I would do it again in a heartbeat and also look forward to hosting her here some day so that my friends can experience the fun and the AMAZING food that we did!

2  Thank hursey
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2012

On my first trip to Europe my brothers and I spent time in Florence, Italy and had made arrangements to take cooking classes from Stefania of Toscana in Bocca. We had such an amazing experience. I am Italian myself and yet I learned so much from Stefania with all of the dishes she taught us to prepare. She welcomed us into her home where she provided not only excellent instruction in the preparation of many different dishes, but warmhearted gracious hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting down to a table of freshly prepared Italian dishes, good wine, and wonderful company. I am of Italian heritage and I can truly say that the meals she helped us prepare (all from scratch of course) are by far some of the most authentic delicious Italian dishes I have had in many years. We had such an amazing time with Stefania that we became fast friends and all of us decided we wanted to come back, not just to Florence (a City you can't help falling in love with) but also to be able to avail ourselves of additional cooking classes from this amazingly lovely woman and incredible cook.

4  Thank Theresalh