“Food is good. Too much show for non-americans”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #79 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Liechtenstein
“Food is good. Too much show for non-americans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

There is nothing bad to say about the food. From the "primi piati" to the main course (beef filet) it has been a pleasure! The only thing I disliked is the athmosphere, you somehow feel that the restaurant is looking forward to attract americans and the waiters act like they play a role to entertain them...

It has been quite funny to watch the americans enjoy seeing the "real" italy... :-)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brisbane
“Fun place ,very different to other Florence restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good value for food and drinks. The staff have fun with the dinners.
2 sittings, best to book a table ,very popular with the city locals.
The manager may share a drink with you,when you pay your bill.

1 Thank paul g
San Diego, California
“Strange Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had probably the strangest dining experiences we have ever had at this restaurant and rating this place is very difficult.
First off, the food and wine were very good.
The atmosphere is well covered in the other reviews. If you are looking for a quiet romantic place then do not come here. If you like a lively scene then you will love this place.
The service is where it got weird for us. Our server was great. He was nice, made suggestions, and did a good job. It was our interactions with all the other employees that was strange. We kept having these awkward exchanges and at one point felt like one was trying to mock us while speaking Italian. The strangest part of the whole evening came when I attempted to pay our bill. I was asked to stand in line at the front of the restaurant in order to settle the check. I noticed that the line was not really moving and that there seemed to be altercations going on between the customers trying to pay and the guy at the register. I assumed people were disputing charges on their bill and didn't really think much of it. After about 20 minutes it finally came to my turn to pay. I stepped up and asked for my check. The guy promptly turned away and started a conversation with some other guy standing next to me. I am a patient guy, so I waited a bit thinking he needed to make arrangements for a table or something. After 10 minutes I got frustrated and told him I was going to leave unless he gave me the check and processed my payment. He started laughing at me and yelling at me in Italian. Funny thing is I was more confused than mad. Here I was trying to pay him money and he could care less and was deliberately trying to antagonize me. I gave him another 5 minutes and warned him that I was going to walk out unless he gave me the bill. He started yelling at me and it was then that I realized the people before me were not disputing their bills, but simply trying to pay. I smiled and simply put 50 euro on the counter and walked out. Being that we were a party of four and the wine alone was over 50 euro I was expecting them to chase after us and require more money. Nope! I simply walked out and we made our way back towards town scratching our heads due to the bizarre experience.
I am assuming our experience was not typical, but still can't figure out exactly what was going on. I can't say that I recommend this place but I can't say it was horrible either. Just strange.

4 Thank tompkins777
trattoriadatito, Proprietario at Antica Trattoria da Tito, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I remember the situation.
The man before you was complaining for the loud music,
and he was so rude with us that deserved "SOMETHING MORE"
than a simple Yelling!!!!!

Anyway I'm so sorry you had to wait so long time to pay...
It never happens, also because we always need the people gion' out fast,
to let people waiting for a table outside comin' in !!

But I have to tell it's VERY STRANGE for us,
that someone leave 50€ instead of 150€ the bill could be!!

What do you think about it???

With Love

Bobo
New York, New York, United States
“I'm coming back in September!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I can't wait...we have not been here for three years!
We stumbled in and asked if they could take us, they said they would in one hour and took our name.
We strolled the area, heard a wonderful musician playing classical guitar and went back.
We were taken to our table immediately and had a marvelous experience! So much so, we made a reservation for the next night. We were welcomed as though we were "regulars". Another wonderful dinner. Our server and the maître presented me with a little ceramic engraved platter!
Thank you, we will see you in September!
I had to check the date we were here in order to submit the review. We actually came in Oct. 2012.

• Visited October 2013
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We happened, by chance, to visit this restaurant the night before we we leaving Florence and wish we had found it before as we would have visited again. When we arrived, we said that we are vegetarian, no problem. The lady explained what we could/couldn't eat. We had a starter between us, main course each and dessert each. Absolutely fabulous food, but the atmosphere was what really made our night. It was like a party, the limoncello flowed and the waiting staff were such fun. Thanks so much.