“Fun, frolics and fantastic food”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #78 of 2,679 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Marco
London, United Kingdom
“Fun, frolics and fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I visited here with 2 friends and think I had a brilliant night. I day 'think' as we can only really recall the first few hours; post that we are relying on photos! The reason for this? The fantastic service.

Upon arriving they had our reservation down for 30 minutes before we'd booked and had given away the table. They found us a new one within 5 minutes and apologised with a vase of limoncello. It carried on from there!

The staff are hilarious and got us fully involved in everything from dance routines and sing songs. As it was my birthday I was given free dessert and a lot of attention. Be warned-if you don't like this type of thing, keep quiet about it being a special occasion!

The atmosphere is raucous and you are encouraged to have a good time which we most definitely did. However, one shouldn't overlook the quality of the food and how reasonable it is. The sirloin steak I had for main was the best cooked I have ever had in Italy, hands down.

If you go wanting great food and a lot of fun (with both locals and tourists alike) then you will have a brilliant time. That's if you remember and if not, rely on photos where you might find yourself wearing a random pirate hat with absolutely no idea as to why or how!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service and Excellent Food, What more could you want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of friends who ate here on a previous visit to Florence and we were not disappointed at all.

We met with the owner Bobo earlier in the day and he managed to find us a table even though the restaurant was fully booked. We arrived to a welcoming drink and immediate entertainment from the wonderful staff, who were very funny.
I would disagree that this restaurant is looking to attract Americans, as many of the diners were locals and many tourists were turned away as they had not booked.

The food was excellent and the meal we had was the best that we have had in Italy and we are frequent visitors to Italy.
My wife had the best Buffalo mozzarella that she has very tasted. I enjoyed the Florentine Tomato soup for a starter. Our main courses were superb as well, the old style Florentine meat balls, especially so. We had so much food that we couldn't try the special deserts as we were full.
We will return again on our next visit to Florence and will make an advance booking before we leave England.

Thanks to Bobo and his staff for a memorable meal and evening's entertainment.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“rude, terrible service, food decent”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

as you can probably tell from the owners/managers comments, he is rude and doesn't care about his customers. when we arrived the restaurant was empty, the 4 servers were standing there dumbfounded as to how to greet the 4 people that just walked in. so we finally approached them and asked for a table. the service throughout the meal was exteremely slow and servers were very rude, the food was average at best, the worst meal we had in Florence, although our other meals were spectacular. I know in Italy, dinners can take 2+ hours, but when there is no food or drink on the table for extended periods of time and the waiters act like you are an annoyance instead of someone paying their salary, it is unacceptable. I am really mystified of the high reviews on TA.

15 Thank mike11111
trattoriadatito, Proprietario at Antica Trattoria da Tito, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Ahahaha

The first review (in which you told you didn't eat here because
You didn't like us and the athmosphere) was cancelled!!!

Now you say you ate here but you didn't like it !!!

Ahahahahaha

In any case We ALWAYS use to take care of our guests!!
(As anyone can read in thousands reviews)
But ONLY Who Deserve it!!!
Think why you DO NOT!!!

We are NOT slaves, and defenitely Don't need money!!!!

Bye

Bobo
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My boyfriend and I ate at Tito's a few weeks ago during a venture to Florence. It was one of the most memorable meals I had in all of Italy! I had the Gnocchi with Red Snapper and that was easily the best gnocchi I have ever had. The pasta was clearly fresh and homemade, the tomato sauce perfectly spiced and the red snapper was tender and non-fishy tasting! We ordered the Bruschetta as an appetizer and it was, too, the best I have ever had! My boyfriend had the Wild Boar pasta and he really enjoyed his as well.

Nice atmosphere too, romantic, non-gimmicky. Tito's is a must dining experience in Florence!

Liechtenstein
“Food is good. Too much show for non-americans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

There is nothing bad to say about the food. From the "primi piati" to the main course (beef filet) it has been a pleasure! The only thing I disliked is the athmosphere, you somehow feel that the restaurant is looking forward to attract americans and the waiters act like they play a role to entertain them...

It has been quite funny to watch the americans enjoy seeing the "real" italy... :-)