“Really good restaurant”

Antica Trattoria da Tito
Ranked #108 of 2,824 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Best steak I've ever had! Broccoli is great! Service is good . Was really easy to find and it was one of my best nights in Italy

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited this restaurant twice in 3 days. First time was at the the recommendation of my B&B host. It was just around the corner, so on my first day of arrival this was convenient. Be prepared to be treated with a great welcome! The food is fresh and just like eating at home. Not a culinary nirvana, but for some good wholesome food at reasonable prices with outstanding service, then this is a hit! Be prepared to indulge in the Limoncello!! Very fond memories of this eatery. Thank you team.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a very good restaurant with great food -- not spectacular but tasty, fresh and well prepared; my wife had insalate de mare, which was quite good, and my pasta dish was terrific. Great place, with fast and attentive service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Due to the recommendations of the trip advisor and even our receptionist, I didn’t eat the whole day in anticipation of this highly recommended famous place “da tito”.
And what a disappointment it was, the first sign was the general “Meat and potatoes” menu designed for the mass tourists with no seasonal or chef specific touch, this was followed by the patronizing gestures of the waiter who sounded so impressed that we know our basic Italian food, which I didn’t appreciate.
My husband and I ordered Crustiny with anchovies and Borrata with fresh spinach, the anchovies were pickled apparently brought from the nearby grocery store placed on saggy piece of bread, the Burata was freezing from inside, indicating that it was properly “Aged” in the restaurant kitchen, I mean you have to work very hard to get bad mozzarella in Florence, but somehow this restaurant managed to do it !
The bread basket was poor, house wine even worse, not mentioning that we had to ask for our olive oil, imagine that in Tuscany !
I ordered ravioli that were supposedly stuffed by egg plant, instead I received what looked like again a poorly heated (Cold in the core) ravioli brought from the nearby department store, my husband who adores pasta, throw it from his mouth.
My husband had an osobuku which was OK, nothing to mention about it.
Our dinner took around 45 minutes (Shortest ever dinner).
Sadly to say that our beautiful gastronomic weekend in Florence was ended by such a poor tourist trap !
Just don’t go there.

12  Thank nisreen-a
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A bustling lively restaurant serving delicious simple food. Great value too, the portions are generous to say the least (huge appetisers... soooo much meat). The staff are really fun and create a really jovial atmosphere. Would be a great place to go with a large group and have the craic while enjoying a super meal.

1  Thank alioagogo