My husband & I stayed here 7/9-7/12 as part of a Tauck tour of Venice, Florence and Rome. The Helvetia is perfectly located in the center of everything you could want to see in the historic center of Florence. I don't think anything was more than a 5-10 walk from the hotel except for the Pitti Palace (that was about 10-15 min but it was HOT & we walking slow:)
The hotel is very pretty, old world inside, the lobby has a lot of dark wood & overstuffed couches with dark tiled floors, the breakfast room ceiling is all stained glass & curved almost like an old train car. Breakfast was ok, not the greatest but Americans are picky about their breakfast I will admit! The bar/lounge rooms are dark but welcoming and a very cozy place to tuck in for a drink ( they put out a few snacks for you as well which is a nice touch if you are having a pre-dinner drink as restaurants in Italy don't open for dinner til 7:30.
Our room was huge-it had it's own hallway leading to the bedroom, 2 large closets & a big marble bathroom (recently updated) with plenty of shelf space for toiletries so they didn't have to clutter up the sinktop and get all wet (love that). The bed was 2 twins pushed together to make a king & was pretty comfortable w/ good sheets/duvets but mushy pillows. The only downside to our room were the "fake" windows-there were thick stained glass windows that you couldn't actually see out of. Oh well, we weren't in Florence to look out our window:)
The front desk staff was very efficient, I can't comment on the concierge as we did not need to use his services.
Overall, if in Florence again, we would definitely consider staying at the Helvetia again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence