We stayed at the Helvetia & Bristol for three nights this June. Everything was great with this hotel. We had a deluxe double room for 2 people and a premium junior suite for 3 people. Both rooms had padded fabric on the walls, which was very pretty. My parents did say that their room, which faced a street, was noisy at night. Our other room faced the inside of the hotel and was not noisy at all. The rooms were well decorated with antiques and reproductions and were still very comfortable.
The hotel staff was wonderful. They took care of arranging dinner reservations, private drivers to Pisa and another town, buying train tickets, etc. If we ever needed an extra towel, etc. housekeeping was at our door within minutes of calling. I had forgotten that I'd requested that our jr. suite have 2 bathrooms, but the hotel did not forget. Our room had a full bath and a half bath. They couldn't promise we'd have one in advance, but they remembered when we checked in to the hotel. The towel rods in the bathrooms are heated as well--a nice touch.
There is no internet in the rooms, but you can pay 5 Euros for 20 minutes to use the internet in the lobby. It's kind of expensive, but useful to have if you need it.
The hotel's location is great. Just a minute or two from the Duomo. That's one of the reasons that we chose the hotel.
Everything about the hotel is charming and done nicely. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helvetia & Bristol, a historic property located amongst Florence's many cultural treasures. The Hotel Helvetia & Bristol is undoubtedly the only place to stay when in Florence. As a World Heritage site and magnetic cultural destination, it is the focal point for any visitor, and we are blessed by being at the heart of it all. Our front door opens onto the Palazzo Strozzi, a masterpiece of Florentine Renaissance architecture, along with an enviable location in the luxury shopping district. Our rooms and suites offer tasteful colour palettes and the carefully chosen antique furniture, objects d'art, paintings and rich furnishings are our hallmark in design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Helvetia & Bristol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helvetia And Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Florence