The St. Regis Florence
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Patrizia Hotel(Florence)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Excelsior Florence(Florence)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Adriatico(Florence)
Principe Hotel(Florence)
Hotel Magenta(Florence)
Hotel Borgo(Florence)
Hotel Goldoni(Florence)
1,345 results
All reviewsbutler servicewinter gardenarno riverchampagne ritualbeautiful hotelpremium deluxe roombathroom mirrorconcierge deskold worldfour seasonsbottle of champagneponte vecchiobeautiful roomour honeymoonfavorite hoteleach eveningdinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel 6/18 and once again on 6/26 and was bowled over by the place both times. My experience with this hotel was one of the best I have ever had. To lend some perspective, I am a 40-year old New Yorker who is very well-traveled and who generally stays at high-end hotels for both work and for pleasure. So when I say that this place is extraordinary, I really do believe that it is.

While the rooms were spectacular, what really made the trip for me was the service. Ombretta, the front office butler, was very gracious and helpful and made sure that the room was set up the way I wanted it to be and had a small gift of vin santo waiting for us when we arrived. She also made sure the dinner reservations that I wanted made in advance of stay were done. Francesco the concierge was a life saver! Hertz had closed its Florence Airport office without telling me and he spent more than an hour on the phone trying to figure out what had happened and trying to find me a last minute replacement, which he did successfully. Kudos to both for going above and beyond!

The rooms were both phenomenal and recently renovated. Very clean and spacious, but still with a lot of character. For example, the TV in the bathroom was unobtrusively built into the mirror above the sink. The beds were so comfortable, my friends and I discussed whether to ask where to buy the bed linens. My room on the second night was on the top floor with its own balcony facing the Arno River. Great views.

My friends and I had drinks in the gorgeous restaurant. We took a bunch of photos because the room was so beautiful and well decorated. The lite snacks that came with our drinks were really tasty and unexpected.

All in all, one of the best experiences that I have had at a hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the Arno
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ingridc_BOS
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We always liked the Grand in Florence but the transformation into the St Regis is spectacular. This is the nicest city hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was perfect. Prior to arrival emails from the staff through checkout,the service is impeccable. The concierges are knowledgable and helpful. the doormen friendly. from the moment you arrive, everyone greats you by your name. The rooms are gorgeous,and the beds so comfortable. The St Regis was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jed k
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The corner rooms overlooking the Arno should be included in a list of the best hotel rooms in the world. The recent renovation has modernized a classic building. The result is a perfect mix of the old and the new.
Service was special as well, with particular accolades to Ombretta Comitto, the lobby butler. There is also butler service on every floor.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mof1
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Heaven, this hotel is magnificently beautiful. The beds are inc;redibly comfortable. It had just reopened. They upgraded us to fabulous suite overlooking the Arno.
It is just beautiful.
Francesco, one of the concierges was extraordinarily helpful. The staff was all very friendly and welcoming from check in to check out. Doorman also just great, I cannot recall his name. Sommelier very attentive. Beautiful bar witha pianist.. We will return.
The four of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was one of our favorites on a 3 week vacation. We just loved out whole experience.
The B family

Room Tip: BEcome a starwood member
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank traveledfar
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights after it reopened in May 2011. It was just renovates with exquisite interior and attention to detail. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The lobby butler Ombretta is my favorite - she always has a smile that's almost contagious! The doorman gave us good recommendations on where to go for coffee and pastry on a Sunday where most places are closed. A bellboy even suggest alternative, cheaper parking garage.

We stayed in a corner room on the third floor with a lovely river and bridge view. Energetic about the room is wonderful - the bathroom is huge and luxurious.

The hotel is also conveniently located within a 5 minutes walk to the major attractions (duomo, uffizi, etc.). I love that it is close to but not in the tourist area. It is a residential neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and coffee shops. My favorite coffee shop is a block away where tons of locals including cops and constuction workers will come in and get some espresso (or a glass of vino).

In summary, if we visit Florence or it's vicinity again, I'd definitely stay at this hotel if we can afford it.

• Stayed: May 2011