“Superb”

Ranked #12 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

When I contacted the hotel last NOV to ask for the same room we stayed in 9 years ago, I thought they wouldn't be able to guarantee it, but they did. We stayed only two nights but should have stayed for more. You will not be disapointed. The location, the decor, the service makes you want to take up residence at this hotel. Having a nice hotel makes the travel experience even better. We made a huge mistake when in Rome by getting a hotel that was cheaper by saying,"Well, we won't be in the room anyhow", and that was a horrile experience and almost ruined our trip. In reality, people are in their rooms alot of the time, sleeping, waking up, getting ready for the day, eating.... For a little more per night this hotel was more than worth it for us. What a wonderful experience. We hope to return soon to this hotel. Oh, and by the way, it was my birthday, and the champagne and chocolates were just perfect.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Arno, but I am sure every room is just as nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear LizPapay,
First of all allow us to thank you for choosing for the second time the St. Regis as your exclusive address in Florence. Allow us also to tell you that it’s really rewarding for us to know that you appreciated all our efforts in giving you the same room you had during your last stay with us: we always try to pick up our guests’ wishes, even the most secret!
We hope to welcome you back at The St. Regis Florence once again the near future!
All our best regards,
Ombretta Comito
The Lobby Butler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Fabulous! Treated like royalty. Easy to get to by car. Great location. Able to walk all over Florence from here to see the sights. Never needed a taxi or our car to get anywhere.
Had a beautiful view of the Arno River. Our room was more than spacious and the art work was lovely. The bed was so very comfortable. Very good after over 30 hours without sleep. We had Butler Service included with our room. Only used it for our morning Cappucchino and coffee but very nice. Service is top notch. The only bad thing was the WI-FI, while it was free to use in the lobby there is a fee to have it in your room. We would definitely go back here in a heartbeat!!! ***** Stars!

Room Tip: Try to have a Arno River view room. We were on the 4th floor and the view was wonderful!
Muttenz, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We visited Florence in September for a long weekend, the first time in the city, though not the first time at a St. Regis.

The location of the hotel is simply excellent, right on the Arno river, with all sights literally around the corner. To get there (by car) though is a bit tricky as the GPS system did send us through one way streets, not sure if there was recently changes, also, you have to enter despite not being authorized, as usually you would need a special permit. Once at the hotel, the concierge however arranges that and the car gets parked in a parking lot (steep price of 41 EUR per day).

We checked in at a busy time I guess, as the bellboys were a bit overwhelmed and we took our luggage ourselves, which was no problem as it was only a bag for the weekend.
Stephanie at check in was fantastic, very friendly and also did call us once we were in the room to check if everything was fine.
The lobby itself is beautifully decorated, stunning.

What I would suggest to improve at checkin is the mention of the Butler Service. We stayed at St. Regis hotels before, and not every hotel does offer butler service in every room category, so I think this is an information every guest should receive, whether he has booked a butler service eligible room or not.
When I asked it turned out that our room category was not eligible, and also as the hotel was sold out there were no other rooms with. No big deal, just would have appreciated the information upon check in.
A bit confusing was furthermore, that there were signs in the room to call the butler for ice, or secretary services etc etc.

The room was nice, I think it was the florentine style rooms, with high ceilings and frescos on the wall. A very comfortable bed, and lots of storage space. We had a bathtub with integrated shower which was fine for us, and the bathroom mirror has a TV integrated.
The room viewed the interior patio, so also very quiet.

We had drinks one night and dinner the other night at the restaurant, which was outstanding. Unfortunately I do not remember the names of the waiters, but they were very attentive and genuinely friendly.

Breakfast is in the stunning hall of the hotel, a la carte downstairs and buffet upstairs. The first day breakfast service was excellent, waiters attentive and quick (we were there around 10am). The second day we were earlier, maybe there was more guests at that time, and the service was not the same as the day before, but till, very friendly staff.

We would definitely book the hotel again, though probably a butler serviced room.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, pick interior patio, although I guess the view over the Arno must be quite stunni...
1 Thank Melanie F
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Simply excellent!!
Great location. Easy to walk all over Florence historical district.
Amazing service since you walk in.
Extremely helpful concierge.
Beautiful hotel.
A spacious and well rounded room and bathroom with views to the Arno River.
Great breakfast buffet.
My place in Florence.
Arrivederci !!!

• Stayed September 2012
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Dear enriquedemarchena,
Arrivederci! What a beautiful word. It means "See you soon" and that is exactly what we hope: have back soon guests so enthusiastic as you are! Thank you very much for all the explosive words you wrote to us.
Looking forward to meeting you again in the nearest future,
All our best regards, Ombretta Comito
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is literally the nicest hotel I think i've ever stayed at. I am a platinum SPG member and they treated us like royalty. They made us feel welcomed and wanted and were so helpful in everything we did. The room itself was ridiculously nice...seriously the best room I have ever stayed in. It had multiple levels, 2 HUGE bathrooms, 2 sitting rooms, awesome artwork, amazing hardwood floors, and the views were outstanding.

Even being platinum and getting upgraded often, this was by far the most amazing room I've ever stayed in. Well done SPG!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Eggbert34,
I’m really grateful for taking the time to express yourself by writing this review. It’s so helpful for us to know how our guests, and especially our Starwood Preferred Guest as you are (even Platinum!), perceive our services.
I highly appreciate your compliments about the amazing room we gave you and I’m glad to read you felt welcomed.
Thank you once again for staying at The St. Regis Florence. It would be my distinct pleasure to personally welcome you back for your future holidays.
All my kindest regards, Ombretta Comito
Langley, BC
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel was by far the fanciest and most elegant hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in.

Without any request on our part, we were upgraded to a different room than we booked. To say the "upgrade" was significant would be an understatement.

From the "butler service" on the floor to the amenities in the room to the enormity of the bed, we were stunned and impressed. The room was extremely elegant, we overlooked the Arno River, and we had every need and request taken care of often almost as soon as we requested it!

I would DEFINITELY stay here again (upgrade or not) and was duly impressed with the quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff at the hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Dear Langley_BC
You've just made our day with this wonderful review sharing your pleasurable discovery at The St. Regis Florence! It’s an honor for us to know you found the hotel as the fanciest and most elegant you ever stayed, and most of all to know you were duly impressed with quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff!
Do let me know when you're planning your next trip so I may help with any of your reservation details prior to arrival. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you all back soon. Ombretta
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel was absolutely amazing. There are even TVs in the mirror. I was very lucky because when me and my grandparents went we got upgraded to a amazing suite. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The bed was extremely comfortable and in my rooms the smaller of the two I had a huge TV. The only sad thing was that the main channel that had the Olympics was Euro sport Deutschland which was in German. I also had the best dinner of my life at the restaurant. The breakfast was very good as well. The service was also very good. It is also in a very good location and you can see the Ponte Vecchio.

Room Tip: Just email them to see if you can get a free upgrade. My grandpa's trick is to tell the hotel th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family