“Regal Beautiful Classic with excellent service”

The St. Regis Florence
Ranked #14 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I only spent 1 night here,such a shame.The service was immaculate.I had a junior suite,which came with butler service . They offer free champagne and aperitifs in the evening.The room was beautiful but a small word of warning the balcony is not useful as the river is very noisy.The lunch i had was excellent,i did not have time to try breakfast .
Overall a wonderful experience in a marvellous setting,highly recommended.....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank markwlugano
St_Regis_Florence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear markwlugano, Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The St. Regis Florence. We are proud that you appreciate our Champagne Ritual: is one of the most emblematic moments in order to recognize the unequivocal St. Regis Brand Identity all over the world. All our best regards, Ombretta, The Lobby Butler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed at The St.Regis for 1 night on a business trip. The location is great, close to the center and with a view on the Arno river. The style of the hotel is something you can see rarely. It is definetely a luxury 5* hotel. No complaints at all, except for the bathroom, which is quite dated on my opinion. The room was very large and with a high ceiling, which really gives you the idea that you're in an old manor.
Breakfast was on of the best I had lately. Thank you for the fresh scrambled eggs, which were just perfect!
Will be glad to come back, perhaps with my wife, because the place just inspires romanticism.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
St_Regis_Florence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Pavelius80,We are really glad that despite your short stay you have been able to notice and appreciate the refined style of our interiors giving the guest the idea of an old manor and inspiring romanticism. We certainly look forward to see you again for a romantic getaway with your wife.
All my best,
Ombretta
The Lobby Butler

Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband and I spent our birthdays at this wonderful hotel, December 2012. From the moment we stepped through those doors and were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, and viewed the beautiful surroundings, we knew we arrived at a most amazing hotel. And it only got better from there. Our room was gorgeous - we were tempted to cancel our all-day tour the next day so we can spend the entire time in our room. We ate breakfast and also dinner in the magnificent dining area and could not have been more pleased with the service, food and ambiance. The hotel is magnificently decorated, with no detail left unattended -- and believe me, I scrutinized every inch. The staff were so gracious, friendly, knowledgable and competent. We each received lovely gifts for our birthday. We have travelled to many 5-star hotels, but this one stands above the rest. We will be back! Thank you St.Regis Florence for making our first trip to Florence, and our birthdays, so memorable!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria N
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Gloria N, It was a pleasure to make memorable such special occasion as your birthdays are. It’s an honor for us to know you found the hotel as one of the most amazing you ever stayed, and you were duly impressed with the magnificent dining area, the food’s quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

This was out first time staying at the St. Regis, we were not disappointed to say the least.

At check in, we were informed of the French champagne welcome awaiting for us at the restaurant, a butler was appointed to our room who tirelessly explained their range of services which we utilised several and were very happy with. Did I mention a complimentary bottle of fine red wine & 2 beautiful glasses awaited for us quietly in our room?

The room was truly beautifully decorated much to our amazement. Every balcony opened up the breath taking Florence views of the river, buildings and bridges.

This hotel room certainly holds a special place in our memory.

The only hiccup is that the hotel accidentally charged us twice due to a system error, I am still waiting for a reply from them to refund me part of the money after I emailed them last week.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Leo_Li721,
We are very proud you have experienced in an indelible way two of the most representative moments of St. Regis tradition and brand history: the impeccable signature St. Regis Butler services and the art of champagne sabering.
Regarding the refund you are waiting for, allow me to offer you all my availability and assistance you might further need.
Best regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2012

One of the best hotels we ever stayed at a beautiful view of the river Arno, a divine service, cleanliness and relax in the bedroom and bathroom. \ Great products courtesy, the typical Tuscan restaurant with meat unique. Concirge from 5 star luxury. Room original paintings, double sinks in the bathroom and tub separate from the shower. Super

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank von t
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Dear Von t, I'ts an honor for us to be considered one of the best hotels you ever stayed and we are glad that you especially enjoyed our Etichetta Restaurant and all the concierge recommendations.
Thank you.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I am not clever enough to think of anything to say about the St Regis that probably hasn't already been said. But when my friend asked me how I'd slept the night before, I could only reply that I'd slept on a cloud.
I adored the architectural details, too and I must mention all the spectacular art that lines the walls and sits on tables; everything here is a work of art from the fabrics to the carpets to the antique French clock in a foyer. The staff is spectacular as well.
More particulars:
gym open 24 hours a day, equipped with the expected: 2 treadmills, an elliptical, an upright and a recumbent bike, I think. My biggest problem was the early morning when I was the first one there and I couldn't turn on the lights. (not that big a problem but it took a while and even though I pushed every button I do not know what finally made one come on)
breakfast: order eggs and omelets cooked to your request along with all the other million or so things on the buffet. The beautiful fresh fruits were greatly appreciated, too, as I do not join the Italians in their traditional national breakfast obsession of a sweet roll and espresso.
we could not get the usb port in our room to charge our phones. an adaptor did the trick. We stayed in a room without a view and it was still paradise.
Even though most of your time in this spectacular city will be spent being out and about, if you can stay here you will appreciate the luxury, the amenities and the quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear bravo-cinzia,
You said you slept on a cloud; you woke up and enjoyed a rich buffet breakfast; you discover that everything at the St. Regis Florence is a work of art. Maybe these beautiful things about the St. Regis Florence have been already said … but in this way they sound so magic.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Beautiful room with balcony looking over the Arno. Small but excellent room with exercise equiptment. Food was fresh, well prepared and offered options for guests with dietary challenges. Very quiet and well managed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank lacontessa_uno
StarwoodFirenze, Responsabile reception at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear La contessa-uno,

I am glad that your appreciate the food at our restaurant and the variety of choice for all diet.
Thank you for your great comments about your stay.

Best Regards and hope to see you back

Stéphanie