“Amazing historical hotel”

Ranked #8 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing historical hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Best hotel in Florence. Great view of river. Great service. Amazing room and view. We loved the bed. Very clean. Great restaurant. Nightly champange and apps. Easy to walk to train station and attractions. Loved the butler service. They hotel was remodeled a few years ago and it looks great.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Lizz123, we are proud that you consider us the Best hotel in Florence, thanks to our great views, amazing rooms and restaurant, and unbelievable butler service. Looking forward to meeting you again in the nearest future, all our most sincere regards. Ombretta - The Lobby Butler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This review is long overdue... My husband and I, accompanied by our 4 year old daughter stayed at the St Regis for 8 days (0ct 2012). Our experience was terrific, and our trip to florence was just perfect in part because our accommodations here were flawless.

First, we'd left our stroller behind during transport to airport, and when we arrived I inquired with concierge about purchasing one, and they told me I wouldn't need to, because they had one I could borrow for my stay! Every morning we went to breakfast, which by the way was amazing, and the staff was so attentive to our needs & so engaging with my daughter, it really meant a lot to us. We participated in the champagne ritual, and we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant-- all great. Toward the end of our stay, my husband had a terrible cold, and I called the butler service for tea, they brought it to us, but of course accompanied with some Italian cookies and milk for my daughter, I couldn't believe the attention to detail. On the last day we ordered room service, and they came & set up a an entire table in our room, and later that evening came with some cookies for my daughter again.

Seriously, besides the actual property being amazing, the service is unparalleled (I am a frequent business traveler so I have much to compare it to). It was second stay at st regis hotel, and we are looking forward to spending christmas this year at the st regis in Rome.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Allow us to thank you for your rewarding comments. In all The St. Regis Hotels and Resorts, we celebrate the art of play through The Family Tradition Program with captivating activities and thoughtful, welcoming attention tailored for younger guests and their families. As for your next stay in Rome please contact me and I will be glad to make sure that you live another memorable experience with us: The St. Regis Florence and The St. Regis Rome are and work as a real family. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the St Regis and have to say it was stunning both in terms of its facilities, staff and ambience. The food, breakfast and welcome canapés complete with the sword champagne opening added to the feeling of luxury and charm that were already in abundance. We were upgraded to a suite which also was very special.
Our only issue and why we probably wouldn't stay there again is that it is a 10 minute walk to the main Piazza and in 100 degree heat that prevented us from stopping back at the hotel in between museum and gallery visits. It would have been nice to freshen up or have a short break but walking back and forth to the hotel each time would have been counter productive so we stayed out all day. Had we been in one of the many luxury hotels close to the piazza I think we would have benefitted from going back and forth to cool off, have a rest etc. as Florence is definitely hard on the feet. That being said outside of the super hot August this would have been far less of an issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Guest, we are very glad to know that you had a stunning experience with us in terms of our facilities, staff and ambience, and that you felt the feeling of luxury and charm with all our rituals, from the Tea to the Champagne' Ritual.
As you wrote, we are 7 minutes walking to Ponte Vecchio, and this is the reason why many guests choose us. Are very few the luxury hotels in Florence so close to the city center. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Eastergate, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A fantastic hotel, our room was like our own mini palazzo! Hotel interior felt very opulent yet cosy. Superb restaurant and complimentary champagne and canapes between 6 and 7 pm. We had use of a butler if we felt inclined and all staff were very approachable and helpful. One of the best hotes we have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra C, we have no words to add to your fantastic comment about our hotel, our opulent but cosy rooms and interiors, superb restaurant. One of the best hotes we have stayed in. Since you consider The St. regis Florence one of the best hotels where you ever stayed in, we trust to meet you again in the nearest future. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 August 2013

St Regis is probably the most up class hotel in the old town of Florence. Located some 10 minutes walk from train station Santa Maria Novella and by the Arno River, it is about two blocks away from Ponte Vecchio and almost everything. I stayed 5 nights at the hotel.

The moment you step into the lobby you have the feeling that it is a luxurious hotel. A library, and reception counter where you have seats to take while checking in are on the left, and concierge is on the right. The reception staff has a high level of service. However, the concierge staff fell short of expectation level after a few day’s stay with the hotel. Most hotels in Florence are small size in general, and St Regis is relatively large. I have a room facing the river and the view is gorgeous in good weather. You hear occasionally traffic noise from the street but when you shut the window it is ok. There is a small road in front of the hotel so cars and taxi can stop easily. There is also a small square with a statute in the front. The hotel operates a small cafe just outside the front door. It is perfect having a drink in the café in the evening when it is not so hot and busy, overlooking the river.

The room has a very nice decoration giving you the Florentine feel and elegance. The key to the room is a traditional brass key but capable of being an electronic transmission device to open the door. The bed and comforter is very comfortable. Amenities is sufficient, TV, writing desk, mini bar, double washing basins, bathtub and separate shower, safe, etc. Bedding is very good.

Breakfast is on the first floor balcony overlooking the Winter Garden restaurant. Very nice decoration. Choice of fruit, cold cuts and hot dishes, not abundant but definitely adequate and delightful. There were not so many people in the restaurant as I have expected for breakfast, which is nice and quiet. Service is very good. Winder Garden on the ground floor is the fine dining restaurant and bar. Food quality for dinner is not as good as I had expected. But they do decorated very nicely with a big chandelier from the roof.

Overall St Regis is a every fine hotel where guests would feel absolutely good at it though it has something to polish to make it even better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CLau888
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear CLau888, Allow us to thank you for sharing your detailed comments and kind words of praise. It is certainly a moment of pride to read that the reception staff showed you a high level of service and you enjoyed our elegant room in Florentine Style looking the river. We eagerly look forward to your return. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Lawrence, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Europe and the Middle East. On the recommendation of a close friend, we decided to stay at the St. Regis in Florence. I am really glad that we did. I was thoroughly impressed with every single aspect of the St. Regis.

Upon arrival, we were personally greeted by the front office manager, Stephanie Motteau. The Check in was comfortable and friendly while sitting at a desk. I always prefer to check in at a desk as opposed to standing at a counter.

I was confirmed in a junior suite, but was upgraded by Stephanie to a beautiful 1 bedroom suite overlooking the front plaza and the river. The room was perfect in every aspect. The entire hotel, and of course our room was recently renovated and had every amenity a guest could want or need. The air conditioning was perfect, and the controls easy to use, and from experience, the AC can be less than perfect in some hotels, especially during the middle of summer.

The suite was beautifully decorated traditionally, but all the controls, lighting, AC, etc. was thoroughly modern and updated.

Breakfast was truly spectacular, with an abundant choice of food, and everything was delicious and fresh. As an example, I took notice when I was taking blueberries that every single blueberry was large and fresh, unlike when you go to the market, and some are good and some are not. Dining in the winter garden for breakfast and dinner was truly spectacular. I don’t have the words to properly describe how beautiful the winter garden is. Every meal was an event.

The service was perfect in every regard. Every employee that we met was friendly and had class and style. Nonetheless, I never felt a sense of pretentiousness at the St. Regis.

The Concierges Francesco and Emilio were friendly and extremely helpful during our stay.

We had 2 different floor butlers, Beatrice, and Andrea, and they as well were extremely friendly and helpful, and made our stay truly comfortable and warm.

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and every aspect of our stay, but the excellent service did not end when we left. After leaving the hotel and we were well on our way to Rome, I discovered that I left my ipad in my hotel room. I called the St. Regis, and explained what happened. The receptionist said she would call me back. In EXACTLY 5 MINUTES, she called back and told me that they found my ipad. They arranged to ship it back to me at my home in New York. When I arrived home 5 days later, my ipad was waiting for me safe and sound!

I cannot express enough of how much we enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis, and look forward to returning sometime in the future. The St. Regis Florence is truly a gem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tedoworld
St_Regis_Florence, Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear tedoworld, allow us to thank you for individually recognize our staff. We are glad to read that our team made every attempt to ensure that your stay with us was the best possible, starting from our sweet, efficient and tireless Front Office Manager, Stephanie Motteau, to our great Concierge with Francesco and Emiliano and our unique Butlers, Andrea e Beatrice.I will be delighted to pass on your kind feedback to the team. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any other assistance you might need. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Every aspect of this hotel was outstanding location, rooms, service and food. This attention to detail is something you do not experience at most five star properties. St. Regis should use this property as the benchmark for what their brand should represent

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dubin115
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Dubun115, Allow us to tell you that your amazing words leave us breathless: "St. Regis should use this property as the benchmark for what their brand should represent". Actually we all live with empathy the guiding values ​​of St. Regis Brand and we are committed every day in delivering them to our guests. It's an immeasurable honor to know that you noticed it and lived it. Should you ever have the chance to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me: I will be at your complete disposal in making your journey again memorable. Ombretta - The lobby Butler