“A Room With a View...and stunning service”

The St. Regis Florence
Ranked #14 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am lucky to have stayed in some beautiful hotels around the world but it is fair to say that this stay was as close to flawless as you can get. This was my first stay in a St Regis and definitely not my last.

From arrival through to my sad departure, the hotel, the hotel and the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. I booked a room with a view of the Arno which is worth the extra expense as this is one of the world's great cities.

The room was spacious, draws on the Florentine Renaissance theme with a princess style bed as its centerpiece, a work desk, TV and mini bar and two floor to ceiling windows and a comfy chair with a side table completes this. the bathroom was even more dreamy, with separate bath and shower, its' own window and small vanity stool. Remede bath products and a proper high powered hairdryer (so many hotels get this wrong) were added extras.

Each guest is given a key with a tassel which you hand in when you leave for the day. Great for security. The St Regis famed butler service really helped me. Kind of like your own private concierge, they bring you warm drinks and snacks at any time of the day and also provided information and recommendations. Mine helped me pack and unpack, directed me to local stores and restaurants and even found a cheese shop for me to try. As a solo female traveler this assistance was very welcome.

Concierge themselves were also knowledgeable and helpful beyond expectations. they know and love the city. Although it's not a large hotel, they always greeted me by name which is a thoughtful touch. another lovely gesture were the daily notes left in my room from the butler team. I think this is a St Regis standard thing, but several of them were personalized and would bring a smile to my face.

The hotel itself is located just on the edge of the touristy areas, so away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk. Around 10-15 mins to Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. If you have time check out the church next to the hotel it has some stunning art and has a Botticelli there.

Every evening of my stay I would have a glass of wine or bubbles in the hotel bar, which is adjoined to the Michelin star chef helmed restaurant. The bar team would always go above and beyond and always ready with a snack or some kind words. Make sure you try the champagne ritual.

Last time I visited Florence I was 23 years old and on a budget. This time I could splash out more and treat myself and I am glad I did. St Regis Florence really did fell like my really awesome, big and fabulous home if only for a short time.

Room Tip: go on, pay the extra for a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rachelannmorris
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear rachelannmorris, Allow us to tell you that we could read this review over and over again and your amazing words leave us breathless "this stay was as close to flawless as you can get". Actually we all live with empathy the guiding values of St. Regis Brand and we are committed every day in delivering them to our guests. It's an immeasurable honor to know that you noticed it and lived it. Waiting to surprise you again and again, all our best regards. Ombretta - The Lobby Butler

Reviewed 15 March 2014

When I checked in after my overnight international flight I was told that they had "a nice room" for me. It was a two room suite with a river view - what a treat! The facility was first class all the way, comfortable without being over pretentious. When I sadly developed a stomach bug they were so accommodating and made me soup that wasn't on the regular menu and left me a sweet handwritten note in my suite when I went off to a doctor.

The only recommendation I have is to better explain to guests what the "butler" service entails. I didn't understand but was very grateful.

Breakfast buffet and hotel bar were fabulous. Great location. Loved it. If you can afford it, stay here. Period.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
St_Regis_Florence, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Golforhar,

It is a pleasure for us that after a long trip you were able to relax immediately when you arrived at the St Regis Florence and enjoy your suite facing the river.
We do offer butler service to all suites and premium room facing the river.
The Butlers are at your disposal all day and are your link with the other hotels departements and are pleased to assist you with any request you may need.
I hope that you are feeling better and to welcome you back.
Best Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staying a month in Florence, we went to this one stop for a luxurious setting for cocktails. Everything matched my idealized thoughts of a first class elegant, attentive, creative break. The gorgeous new interior of the garden court and the superb cocktail menu were reinforced by the lovely background piano music. Wish my friends from Houston could have been teletransported to join us. The drinks are pricey, of course, but offset by their luscious perfection and by a lovely presentation of delicious appetizers.
I hope the same quality prevails in high season when I expect they will be packed.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Texaslady88

Dear Texasleady,

We are really pleased that you enjoy our unique bar located in the St Regis Winter Garden.
Our winter garden bar and winter garden by Caino restaurant are open everyday to everybody.
Everynight we do have piano music and nice appetizers with delicious cocktail.
I hope that you enjoyed your time in Florence and to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I came to Florence to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday as she is studying in Florence. The hotel is beautiful but it is the service that is exceptional. Aldo at the concierge desk was truly amazing. He helped us with reservations, day trips and most importantly was there when we needed him to find us flights due to our flights being abruptly cancelled by the airline the night before we were to leave. With a smile and multiple phone calls he not only found us flights, got our boarding passes, arranged for breakfast to be sent to our room for a much earlier flight and booked a taxi. Knowing that our daughter was remaining in Florence for another three months, he proceeded to tell us that our daughter should consider the St. regis her second home and call him if she ever has a problem. What more could a person ask for from a hotel? The rooms are beautiful, the food excellent and the service was unforgettable.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Arno river a plus!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear LindaE,

Thank you for all your nice words regarding the St Regis Florence and our exceptionnal and unforgetable service.I hope that your daugther enjoyed her 21st birthday.
Aldo was really pleased to help you and your family and as he already said if your daugther need anything in Florence she can contact me or Aldo.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the St. Regis for a mere weekend and was astounded by the hotel. The room was stunning and unlike anywhere I have previously stayed. Marble bathroom and a gorgeous chandelier. Not to mention the gorgeous architecture of the establishment. Everything was clean and orderly. The staff was exceptional- always friendly and eager to assist with you anything you may need. It's in a great location along the Arno. I had a WONDERFUL experience and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Florence.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theplatinumbear

Dear Gabrielle,

We are really honor that you were astounded by the St Regis Florence architecture and staff.

I remain at your disposal for any future stay and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I recently went to Florence for a long weekend and chose the St. Regis. Before we arrived I had emailed the concierge and asked him to book us some restaurants which was done and confirmation sent. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel incredibly welcome. A an upgrade to a suite with a butler is always a great surprise! The staff and attention to detail are all superb. We will definitely stay at the St.Regis again.

Room Tip: If you have deep pockets then go for room 420. It is a great suite with a lovely balcony overlookin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1WillM, Allow us to thank you for sharing your comment and kind words of praise. It is certainly a moment of pride to read that all our staff showed you a superb level of service. Should you ever decide to come back to Florence, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will be very glad to assure you another memorable stay with us. Ombretta - The Lobby Butler

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is the best hotel in Florence with the best service.
The location is perfect. It has wonderful public spaces and flawless service. No detail is overlooked. The Butler service is superb. Everything from arrival to departure exceeded my very high standards. The staff is professional, welcoming, efficient, genuine and very friendly. The lobby staff, concierge, butlers, doormen, maids and bar manager make you feel that this is your private residence. All of my preferences were remembered and every wish fulfilled.
The Dining room is both beautiful and elegant with a wonderful restaurant that is well worth a trip to Italy.
The bar manager is amazing with great Italian style.
I have stayed at many fine hotels in Italy and this is my favorite in any city.

Room Tip: Choose butler with a view of the Arno.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear TRAVELARBITER14, Allow us to tell you that we are more than glad to read your amazing comment. Our mission is to create unforgettable memories and we know that the attention to details and every even little extra step can make the difference in our guest’s experience. Waiting to surprise you again, all our best regards. Ombretta Comito