“Better than Four Seasons”

The St. Regis Florence
Ranked #9 of 422 Hotels in Florence
San Francisco, California
“Better than Four Seasons”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Pluses:

Decor: The hotel is an elegant mansion filled with beautiful paintings and rennaissance colors. I've always like the St. Regis brand because their design focuses on the details and accents. It's luxurious and exquisite but not trying too hard to be grand. (In contrast, Four Seasons Firenze is more like a castle. I went there for Christmas dinner and while everything was beautiful as well, it felt a bit over the top.)

Breakfast buffet: was amazing! Nothing like the scale of St. Regis Bali, but still a lot of food and everything you'd hope for: omelette/egg station, continental + American selections, snack bars...etc If you up for waking early, get the breakfast inclusive deal!

Location: St Regis is located 10-15 mins walk away from the "center" of the city. The hotel is located in a high-end district (a few minutes away from Cellerini, the famed leather goods shop), so a walk in the neighborhood is extremely pleasant. Again, it is better located than the Four Season, which is wayyyy off the grid.

Minuses:
Nothing I could think of!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank asiapproach8
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear asiapproach8, we are really glad you enjoyed our exclusive location in the heart of the city: The St. Regis Florence is an historic palace designed by Brunelleschi in the center of Florence and ideally located along the Arno River, minutes away from the city's finest shopping, museums and the world famous Ponte Vecchio. We look forward to welcoming you back for another indelible stay. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Loved the hotel. We arrived (after a below par experience at St Regis Rome) with high hopes and we were not disappointed! Effortless check in, shown to our room which was upgraded to a river view (would not hesitate to pay for this in future!) and given the lowdown on everything by our Butler. The service at the hotel is incredible and the bar/restaurant were buzzy and fun. The champagne ritual is a must!

The hotel is centrally located for everything. Concierge restaurant recommendations were excellent, and Simona the guide we had was an expert on everything and good fun to spend a morning strolling around with.

We will be back and staying for longer next time, 2 days just wasn't enough!

• Stayed March 2014
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Jpjn83, From your explicit words of appreciation, we understand we literally seduced you making you taste some of the pleasures of a stay at The St. Regis Florence: our Signature Champagne Ritual accompanied by chef Michele Griglio's epicurean creations. We eagerly look forward to your return. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Beijing, China
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I love this hotel! The staff are very friendly and I like the way they interact with guest upon arrival, all these little chats make a big difference. The building has hundred of years history but the hotel only been open for three yrs and beautifully design. Each room had its own name and design, our room has a lovely balcony so I can see the famous river and bridges, also view of the beautiful sunset! Wifi was included but free use of computer and printing also available in lobby. 10mins walk from train station and you can reach to main shopping area by walk as well! Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kyl l, Allow us to thank you for recommending the St. Regis hotel to the TripAdvisor community. It is motivating to read comments like yours and we look forward to welcoming you for another memorable stay with us. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am lucky to have stayed in some beautiful hotels around the world but it is fair to say that this stay was as close to flawless as you can get. This was my first stay in a St Regis and definitely not my last.

From arrival through to my sad departure, the hotel, the hotel and the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home. I booked a room with a view of the Arno which is worth the extra expense as this is one of the world's great cities.

The room was spacious, draws on the Florentine Renaissance theme with a princess style bed as its centerpiece, a work desk, TV and mini bar and two floor to ceiling windows and a comfy chair with a side table completes this. the bathroom was even more dreamy, with separate bath and shower, its' own window and small vanity stool. Remede bath products and a proper high powered hairdryer (so many hotels get this wrong) were added extras.

Each guest is given a key with a tassel which you hand in when you leave for the day. Great for security. The St Regis famed butler service really helped me. Kind of like your own private concierge, they bring you warm drinks and snacks at any time of the day and also provided information and recommendations. Mine helped me pack and unpack, directed me to local stores and restaurants and even found a cheese shop for me to try. As a solo female traveler this assistance was very welcome.

Concierge themselves were also knowledgeable and helpful beyond expectations. they know and love the city. Although it's not a large hotel, they always greeted me by name which is a thoughtful touch. another lovely gesture were the daily notes left in my room from the butler team. I think this is a St Regis standard thing, but several of them were personalized and would bring a smile to my face.

The hotel itself is located just on the edge of the touristy areas, so away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk. Around 10-15 mins to Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. If you have time check out the church next to the hotel it has some stunning art and has a Botticelli there.

Every evening of my stay I would have a glass of wine or bubbles in the hotel bar, which is adjoined to the Michelin star chef helmed restaurant. The bar team would always go above and beyond and always ready with a snack or some kind words. Make sure you try the champagne ritual.

Last time I visited Florence I was 23 years old and on a budget. This time I could splash out more and treat myself and I am glad I did. St Regis Florence really did fell like my really awesome, big and fabulous home if only for a short time.

Room Tip: go on, pay the extra for a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rachelannmorris
Dear rachelannmorris, Allow us to tell you that we could read this review over and over again and your amazing words leave us breathless "this stay was as close to flawless as you can get". Actually we all live with empathy the guiding values of St. Regis Brand and we are committed every day in delivering them to our guests. It's an immeasurable honor to know that you noticed it and lived it. Waiting to surprise you again and again, all our best regards. Ombretta - The Lobby Butler
North Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2014

When I checked in after my overnight international flight I was told that they had "a nice room" for me. It was a two room suite with a river view - what a treat! The facility was first class all the way, comfortable without being over pretentious. When I sadly developed a stomach bug they were so accommodating and made me soup that wasn't on the regular menu and left me a sweet handwritten note in my suite when I went off to a doctor.

The only recommendation I have is to better explain to guests what the "butler" service entails. I didn't understand but was very grateful.

Breakfast buffet and hotel bar were fabulous. Great location. Loved it. If you can afford it, stay here. Period.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
St_Regis_Florence, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Golforhar,

It is a pleasure for us that after a long trip you were able to relax immediately when you arrived at the St Regis Florence and enjoy your suite facing the river.
We do offer butler service to all suites and premium room facing the river.
The Butlers are at your disposal all day and are your link with the other hotels departements and are pleased to assist you with any request you may need.
I hope that you are feeling better and to welcome you back.
Best Regards
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Staying a month in Florence, we went to this one stop for a luxurious setting for cocktails. Everything matched my idealized thoughts of a first class elegant, attentive, creative break. The gorgeous new interior of the garden court and the superb cocktail menu were reinforced by the lovely background piano music. Wish my friends from Houston could have been teletransported to join us. The drinks are pricey, of course, but offset by their luscious perfection and by a lovely presentation of delicious appetizers.
I hope the same quality prevails in high season when I expect they will be packed.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Texaslady88
Dear Texasleady,

We are really pleased that you enjoy our unique bar located in the St Regis Winter Garden.
Our winter garden bar and winter garden by Caino restaurant are open everyday to everybody.
Everynight we do have piano music and nice appetizers with delicious cocktail.
I hope that you enjoyed your time in Florence and to welcome you back.
Sincerely
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I came to Florence to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday as she is studying in Florence. The hotel is beautiful but it is the service that is exceptional. Aldo at the concierge desk was truly amazing. He helped us with reservations, day trips and most importantly was there when we needed him to find us flights due to our flights being abruptly cancelled by the airline the night before we were to leave. With a smile and multiple phone calls he not only found us flights, got our boarding passes, arranged for breakfast to be sent to our room for a much earlier flight and booked a taxi. Knowing that our daughter was remaining in Florence for another three months, he proceeded to tell us that our daughter should consider the St. regis her second home and call him if she ever has a problem. What more could a person ask for from a hotel? The rooms are beautiful, the food excellent and the service was unforgettable.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Arno river a plus!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear LindaE,

Thank you for all your nice words regarding the St Regis Florence and our exceptionnal and unforgetable service.I hope that your daugther enjoyed her 21st birthday.
Aldo was really pleased to help you and your family and as he already said if your daugther need anything in Florence she can contact me or Aldo.
Sincerely