“Wow! This truly a great hotel.”

The St. Regis Florence
Ranked #12 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Winnipeg, Canada
“Wow! This truly a great hotel.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

From the second we pulled up to the second we left this hotel was nothing but spectacular. The staff quickly helped us upon our arrival and had our bags and us checked in and to our room comfortably and in minutes. They were all warm and friendly and eager to help during our entire stay.

Our room was spectacular - very traditional and regal and well maintained. The view was incredible and the sitting area was great to relax and as a room for our older teenage son.

The butler service offered here is well worth it and incredible. The majority of our stay Reynoldo looked after us and he did an incredible job. He met us right upon our arrival at our room and made sure we knew how he could help us during our stay. My boys and I really enjoyed the hotel and it made our stay in Florence that much more enjoyable and memorable.

The hotel is well situated with many restaurants nearby and walking distance to many of the key attractions in addition to all of its luxury.

Over all a beautiful property. They have set a high standard for all St Regis hotels. By far the best I have stayed at and my recommendation for anyone coming to Florence. It is well worth it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rory M
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Rory M, allow me to tell you that we are more than glad we surprised you. WOW is exactly what we would like to hear from all our guests: our mission is to create unforgettable memories and we know that the attention to details and every even little extra step can make the difference in our guest’s experience. Waiting to surprise you again and again, all our best regards. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

St. Regis…images of old money snobbery and intimidating excess come readily to mind, a blasphemous antithesis to its namesake French priest who devoted his life to the spiritual needs of the poor and the needy. Don’t get me wrong. I indulge, when I can afford it, as much as anyone else. But to name a place that caters to the mostly self interested and haughty upper crust after a Saint who would abhor such ideas, probably because the name sounded “high class,” seemed wrong to me. So, I never stayed at a St. Regis, until I was in Florence and my wife was desperate to flee from a nightmarish Hilton property where we were staying, and St. Regis was offering a New Year special that was hard to pass up.

We were met by Marcelo, a wonderful down-to-earth professional, who welcomed us warmly to his private desk and checked us in, promising us a good room. He then personally showed us to the room and demonstrated the various controls and features to make sure we weren’t left fumbling to figure things out by ourselves. The room was magnificent, so much more than was promised, with a small balcony that had a view of the Santa Maria Basilica (I think). It was beautiful and homey at the same time…a comfortable beauty, you could say.

Before he left, Marcelo told us that there was a complimentary happy hour in the dining area and advised us not to miss it. We went as instructed and were awestruck by the grandness of the room (especially the stained glass ceiling) that reminded me of an opera hall. Incredibly fine hors d’oeurvres were served, along with your wine or beer, by an attentive staff that seemed genuinely wanting to please their clients.

It is undoubtedly one of the finest hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting, from the staff (Marcelo is absolutely the best) to the property itself. The name still bothers me though, but, I admit, much less than before.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jake K
Dear Jake-K, allow me to tell you that we really appreciate you taking the time to share in detail your feelings about your recent stay at The St. Regis Florence and for such a nice review mark ! Marcelo will be extremely happy to read your wonderful feedback and I will make sure to congratulate him too. We eagerly look forward to your return. Sincerely, Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager
Mevaseret Zion, Israel
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Straight up - the St. Regis in Florence, Italy is fantastic and second to none. The 'experience' begins from the moment the porter opens the door to the taxi. Friendly welcomes from one and all. Through the revolving door and wow, what a lobby. We were immediately ushered to a special section for check in, which was swift, polite and friendly. We were escorted to our room by the lady who check us in. Our butler was waiting for us when we arrived at our room - a premium room (non-smoking) on a high floor with an Arno River view- as had been requested. I can't say enough about how gorgeous this room was and what a joy it was at any time of the day to open the doors to either balcony (we had two) and bask in breathtaking views from any direction. Open the doors and hear all the activity. Close the doors, and blissful quiet. Magic glass I guess. The bed was luxurious and comfortable. The decor was, dare I say, 'royal'? The bathroom, ohhh, the bathroom - well equipped - even had a TV in the mirror. I enjoyed the sunken bathtub on one of the evenings. I've never been so relaxed. The butler service was overall very nice. We almost never had the same butler twice though, with the exception of one amazing lady - Juliana. All the respect to Julianna. She's a keeper.

I took very ill one night with what in retrospect was a 24 hour stomach flu.
I had sent my husband out for a walk while I was trying to 'nap it off'. Unfortunately, I progressively got worse. It was then that Julianna knocked on the door as routine to check if there was anything we "wished for" that evening. Right then and there I was so grateful to have a female butler to assist. I was alone, very sick and needed help. She was polite, professional and very caring. An angel. I hope she received the thank you note we left for her with her colleague at the front desk.

Moving on: the dining room was exquisite, the live piano playing heartfelt, and we marveled in the nightly champagne opening with the sword, though we actually only attended once. The hotel's restaurant recommendations were nothing to talk about. We were actually disappointed with their choice for us on the first night so we deferred to trip advisor and random choices thereafter.The hotel is extremely efficient as long as you make a request in person. Otherwise, you never know if the right hand is talking to the left. There were a couple of requests made by telephone that fell through the cracks - but nothing important. The important ones on the night I was ill were all attended to and in a timely matter. So no worries.

One suggestion at check out- check the invoice before approving. There were three items on our bill that shouldn't have been there: a drink from the mini bar (we never opened it even once) and two coffee services. The coffee services were to come with the room, once daily. We were told by our welcoming butler that we could make the request each day, but only once. At check out we learned this was only a morning service. No worries though, the lady at check out very quickly deleted these items from the bill and all was in order. Very fair, very professional. Again, all the respect.

I am now back home and dreaming of my next stay at my new favorite home away from home. If you are going to Florence and can swing it, this is the place. Thank you St. Regis Florence for the glorious stay. Until next time!

Room Tip: 322, but only when we are not there. :)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Skidamerink, allow me to tell you that we are touched that you took the time to post this amazing detailed review about your recent experience and one can say that you feel real affection for The St. Regis Florence and its Staff, expecially when you emphasizes our sincere way to recover some matters. Our staff is constantly finding ways to make sure our service is impeccable and we take your extraordinary feedback seriously. Hoping to welcome you back once again the near future, all the best. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel has been converted into a St. Regis since our visit and it appears they've managed to improve on an excellent property. The location, service and amenities were excellent. I see trip advisor has this ranked as the #2 hotel in Florence, I'm not surprised. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear IssacCornetti, allow me to thank you for recommending the St. Regis Florence to the TripAdvisor community. It is motivating to read comments like yours and to know that we were the perfect location for a such extraordinary moment as a proposal of marriage is What an honor. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back for many years to come. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary and agree with the other comments that this is a really beautiful hotel with a fabulous location, we had a great suite overlooking the river which was amazing. We are lucky enough to have stayed in some amazing hotels around the world and this is one of them - the personal touches are lovely and special thanks to Park our butler who left a beautiful card with a handwritten poem on our anniversary evening. The only thing that let's this hotel down is the breakfast - the variety and quality is great but I didn't expect to be queueing buffet style for eggs to be cooked at the egg station each morning or for hot breakfasts to be served buffet style.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear atennant, allow me first to thank you for choosing the St. Regis Florence to celebrate such important anniversary in your life together! How The Butler Park could ignore you? Such nice comment is invaluable. We have many loyal customers who come every year to celebrate their anniversary with us: it will be our pleasure to celebrate again with you. We wish you an amazing life together! Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

After 8 days of weak wifi in Arezzo, Tuscany and Umbria, we are very happy with the strong wifi throughout the hotel. Despite purchasing an upgraded room, it is still a very small room. Luckily the view made up for it. House-keeping is great who seem to sneak in somehow and made the room neat and tidy whenever we're back. When I ask for hot water, it came quickly and in big pots of thermal flask which I appreciate!

We've to say special thanks to concierge Andrea R. who help us to fax and call repeatedly a hotel in Venice which we tried to cancel. He followed up the very next morning and called us to confirm on the cancellation before we checked out. After staying in 5 different hotels/villa here in Italy, I've to say it is hard to find hotel staffs who will go out of their way to make you comfortable.

Breakfast is very good! Station where the chef will cook any types of eggs you want.

Have to say the location is not the most central, we saw many nice boutique hotels smack right near the museums and shops. But St.Regis make it up with 24hr gym, stylish wine bar, and a nice ambiance for breakfast.

Not sure what it is about their bed but I sleep very well here.

They need to fix their hot water though, it takes at least 5 min. for hot water to come through in the shower every morning.

Room Tip: We had room 318, small but have great views of the river. Quiet too.
1 Thank SuperShan1
Dear SuperShan1, allow me to thank you for individually recognize the excellent service Andrea, The Concierge, provided you. I'm glad to read that our team made every ttempt to ensure that your stay with us was the best possible. Hearing feedback such as yours is one of the many reasons our staff enjoys working at The St. Regis Florence. Looking forward to welcoming you back again, best regards. Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a splurge trip - once in a lifetime, and we were lucky enough to book a Deluxe Riverview room overlooking the Arno. What a spectacular room! The photo describes it better than I can - if you've ever dreamed of staying in a museum quality room, here is your chance. The Murano Chandelier in the center probably cost more than my car, and I have a nice car! You will feel like royalty.

I peeked into some "regular" rooms and while they were definitely compact in comparison, they were still exquisite. I stay in a lot of hotels, and I would rank this St. Regis Florence experience as a top 10 hotel.

The Wintergarden Bar is worth a visit during Aperativo (cocktail hour) as we were treated to amuse-bouches (not the traditional Florentine buffet) along with a drink. It's worth a look, at the very least.

Service is great - you can tell the team really loves where they work. The St. Regis is a must visit for hotel junkies even if you don't stay here.

Room Tip: If you have SPG status and/or can splurge on a deluxe room, by all means go for it. I can only ima...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear ROBRTW, allow me to thank you for sharing your detailed comment and kind words of praise. It is certainly a moment of pride to read that you enjoyed our exquisite room and service. Looking forward to welcoming you again, All the best- Ombretta - The Guest Experience Manager