“Great place to stay”

Ranked #59 of 421 Hotels in Florence
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights in late september. Had a wonderful room #5 in the annex. The room was spacious, the decor old world Italian and the bathroom large! All was very clean and the room was very quiet. No view expect for some rooftops but that was not important to us. We booked a "superior double room", so it was not the cheapest. Breakfast was plentiful with made to order cappuccinos and cereals, fruit and breads, cheeses and salami type meats, and hard boiled eggs. The location of the hotel is great with most things less than a mile away. Check out was the reason I give it a 4 and not a 5. I was not assisted in leaving the lobby at 4:50 am and broke my foot on the step of the door out trying to maneuver to open it with my roller as the night porter watched on. We would definitely recommend this hotel's annex.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in early September, it was our first stop on a 12 day vacation to Italy. We travel to different parts of Europe every year and I don't consider us picky travelers, but we did not completely love this hotel. I did my research before booking and I have to say... the hotel itself is very charming and the history of the building is very cool, but we had the smallest room and it wasn't super comfortable.

We had 2 large pieces of luggage and they were a hassle in that small, narrow room and the shower was the entire bathroom. So, if someone was showering no one else could be in the bathroom, and if you end up with this room remember to take the toilet paper out of the bathroom before showering... that was super frustrating. And lastly, the air conditioner did not work at all, we only have a table top fan in our room and it was really hot, about 90 - 95 degrees. We had nice air conditioning at all of the other hotels we stayed in on our vacation so I again, I don't think we have unrealistic expectations.

I will say that the staff is nice and the place is very clean. They have someone that sits at the front desk 24/7 which was helpful and everyone that we met spoke very good English. We had a drink at the bar and the prices were very good. We also liked the location, it was close to everything and there's a nice courtyard area right out front.

Room Tip: I think I would have liked this hotel better if we had a better room. The small room is really small...
1 Thank Kristen R
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed in Hotel Loggiata dei Servei for just one night. I am giving it a 4, wish I could give in 4.5.

We found the check-in amazingly easy. We brought a car, and they offered valet service, which was terrific. We did have just a little trouble finding the property; our Google Maps took us to the very block, but we couldn't figure out where the entrance was. It is literally facing onto the Piazza, and you can actually drive your car across the piazza and they will pick it up from the front door. This was great, but far from obvious!

Our room, 9, was clean. It was pretty small (fine since we were there for 1 night), but it's a monastery building, so that's kind of what we expected. Nice furnishings. Small bathroom but private and very usable. Shower, no tub. The electric plug said 110/220, which was great; however, it didn't seem to work and in fact the plastic facing of the plug was cracked and broke off when I plugged in and then unplugged my hair drier.

Staff was quite friendly. We were allowed to park our car for the full second day for additional fee (we paid the valet). It took about 30 minutes to retrieve the car at the end, which was find--no telling where they were bringing it from; we were tired anyway and it felt good to sit!

We left our bag with the "bag storage". When we returned, it was in the lobby. Not sure it hadn't been sitting there all day--it was all fine, but I would be cautious about leaving anything expensive in a bag in storage there (or anywhere, really).

They had a small bar downstairs that seemed to be doing a lively business the first night we were there. The breakfast provided with the room was also downstairs; not fancy but perfect for us.

Location of the hotel was wonderful. Very close to everything, but quiet.

We would stay again.

1 Thank NTXTravel
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for sharing your review with all the users of Tripadvisor website.
I use your review to say to all our future guests that to arrive at Loggiato dei Serviti by car is quite
easy and I suggest to everybody , to go on our website
and look at the page that explains where our hotel is and how to arrive here and you can also find informations about the parking.

I am glad you appreciated the room that was assigned to you, All the rooms are unique and different one to each other. If you surf on internet looking for our website you will see photos of many rooms of the hotel.

I am very glad and satisfied for your kind words about the hotel staff.

I am looking forward to meeting and welcoming you again at Loggiato Dei Serviti.

Kind regards

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Getting into major attractions requires advance tickets. The wonderful staff helped us see everything in Florence with ease and also find the best places to dine (which we would never have found on our own). The hotel offers comfortable rooms and a great location.

• Stayed September 2013
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comment on the Tripadvisor website.
I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.
I appreciate your kind and good words about the staff of Loggiato dei Serviti.
The aim of everybody here is to meet all the expectations of our guests and to make comfortable their stay in Florence as the title of your review stresses.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Loggiato dei Serviti

Best regards

Shanty Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is housed in a 400 year old refurbished former orphanage on the beautiful Piazza Santissima Annunziata. Easy walk to the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, shops, tratorrias, etc. Our room was spectacular with a canopied bed. A long, winding walk and climb through the building to get to it, but worth it. Breakfast was included with our room and was delicious...just the right meal to start the day. You will want to take photos inside this hotel, it is so full of history and beautiful details. Staff very friendly and professional. I can't imagine a better place from which to enjoy a trip to Florence. Our room was quiet at night and backed onto a courtyard. Very peaceful despite the busy and beautiful city just outside the doors.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for your detailled review and, of course, for your stay with us. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure to welcome you again during your next trip to Florence.
Best Regards

Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We paid for a upgraded room but got a very basic one. The hotel claimed it was a junior suite, but an extra, dark, small bedroom does not qualify.

There was a wedding party going on next door until past 1 am, and the hotel windows have NO soundproofing, so it was a very long night. When I tried to explain that to the staff, they said not worry, there would not be a party tonight. I don't like hotels that misrepresent themselves, and then just provide excuses. I will not stay here again and unless you are a sound sleeper, I cannot recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Another hotel.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were pretty overwhelmed by the number of hotels in Florence. We finally just said OK, why not, let's stay at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti. We are LUCKY! This hotel has it all: it's lovely, old, classy, and comfortable. Our room was huge (#19), with a view of the Duomo and the dome over Michealangelo's David. The bathroom was small, but fine. The David is right around the corner, the Duomo is a 3 minute walk away, and literally everything is within walking distance. It was always such a pleasure to come back to the Loggiato dei Serviti after a long day of sightseeing. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Number 19 is a huge corner room with great city views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guests,
I am very glad your choice proved to be lucky , meeting all of your expectations.
I am also happy to notice you appreciated the location of Loggiato dei Serviti,
It is in the centre, situated in a pedestrian area and very closed to most of the beloved and admired sites of Florence

You will be always welcome here.

Kind regards