“CENTRAL LOCATION”

Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #76 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel, rated 3-stars, was one of many listed for Florence in Rick Steves' book. A former monastery, this property was very charming, and nicely decorated. Our room had a small bathroom with a very small shower area next to the toilet. We knew this in advance, and realized this wasn't untypical in Europe. Some visitors from US and Canada may not care for the arrangement though. Their more expensive rooms do have full size bathrooms. Our room overlooked a piazza with little traffic, so it was quiet late at night. The staff was very helpful, and the morning breakfast was nicely displayed with a good variety in their quaint dining room. The property was only a few city blocks from the Duomo at Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and the Baptistry, as well as several museums and other major churches and sites. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here and that you higly recommend Loggiato dei Serviti to all the users of Tripadvisor.
If you come back to Florence, I shall be very pleased to meet you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The best part of this hotel is it's location, in front of Brunelleschi's famous Ospedale degli Innocenti and it is only a few blocks from most other historic sites. The single rooms were VERY SMALL with tiny bathrooms, but I shared a decent sized room with a great view and a large bathroom. The breakfast offered lots of delicious selections.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review. I am glad you like the location of Loggiato dei Serviti,that overlooks Santissima Annunziata Square with its stylistic harmony due to the works of some of the greatest Architects of the Renaissance.
About the single rooms I would like to clarify that they haven't the same size, there are even spacious ones with a French bed.
I hope to welcome you again at Loggiato.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Although this hotel has quite a lot of positive points (convenient location, cleanliness, firm and comfortable beds) our stay was marred by a shower with possibly the lowest water pressure I have ever experienced. The building is quite historical, so I presume there are plumbing issues, but for EUR 378 euros for 2 nights, I really expected better. I had only travelled from Arezzo, an hour away - had I just flown in from from San Francisco I'd have been mightily disappointed. We too were in the "annex": it is not an annex to my mind - it's in another building and accessed by leaving the hotel via the front door, walking out of the square and down another street. But perhaps techically the buildings are joined together? There was an unpleasant and pungent smell in the stairwell which the main hotel doesn't seem to be affected by. The room itself was very grand (extremely high ceilings relative to the floor space) and if you leaned out of the window you could see the Duomo, which was nice. Another downside was that the street the "annex" is in has a nightclub on it, so on Saturday night my partner was kept awake until about 4am by revellers hanging about outside. I slept through this, however, so perhaps it's more a problem for light sleepers. I asked for two extra pillows and the receptionist raised her eyebrows in disgust. Nevertheless, the pillows were delivered, so I was happy enough. Our room was right opposite the breakfast room, which was very convenient, but also very noisy before 7am as the tables are being laid. However, Florence is a city where you're usually getting up early so it was ok and the manager of the breakfast room was a very friendly, kindly man and quite a cheery presence to be greeted by of a morning.

Room Tip: Avoid the Annex. And if in the annex, avoid the two rooms which open on to the breakfast room.
1  Thank Helen_Louise_33
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for pointing out the positive aspects of our nice rooms in the annex: it is true most of them are very grand with high ceilings and beautiful furniture. Our Hotel is in the city center of Florence not in the country side so by being very close to the Duomo has its benefits for sure. For what concerns the other more personal comments I invite the other readers to check that many guests have well appreciate the little and cozy breakfast room in the annex.
I will be pleased to have you next time in the main hotel just remember to book in advanced if you want to choose the room because we receive a lot of specific requests for the hotel Loggiato dei Serviti and not always we can satisfy all of them.

My best regards

Owner

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a room in the annex which was disappointing initially but we were thrilled with our room! It was quite large, tall ceilings and felt oh so Italian! The location is perfect -- we walked everywhere during our three day stay. When it was time to head back to our hotel, we just had to look for the Duomo to guide our way back. Staff is very friendly, breakfast was just what we needed, and the bathroom was quite large by European standards. I will definitely stay here again if I'm fortunate enough to return to Florence.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guests,
thank you for taking time to write this review and to share it on Tripadvisor website.
I am really happy that you enjoyed very much your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
I would like to stress your comment on the rooms of the annex. All of them are very elegant ,
spacious and well furnished.
If you are fortunate to come back to Florence, I shall consider myself very lucky to welcome you again at Loggiato dei Serviti Hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This lovely hotel in a historic building was full of character. Sometimes I worry about that hotels with "character" end up sacrificing comfort, but this one gave us a supremely comfortable bed, a great bathroom and an ample continental breakfast in addition to its charm and beauty. I swear, one of my favorite views in Florence was the view of our high wood-beamed ceiling while lying on our canopy bed. The location of the hotel was great, the staff was consistently friendly and helpful, and the cost for all this was quite reasonable. If I were lucky enough to return to Florence, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review posted on Tripadvisor .
I am very glad you appreciated our hotel , its history and its elegance.
When you come back in Florence we shall be very pleased to welcome you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We recently stayed here, with two other couples for two nights and really enjoyed this hotel. It's in a great location(practically next store to "the David") and in close proximity to shops, restaurants and churches. The hotel is beautiful as are the rooms, you feel such a sense of history as it used to be a monastery. The staff was friendly and helpful, they even provided umbrellas on the rainy day we were taking a walking tour(Artiva), which I also highly recommend. When we return to Florence, all six of us agreed, we would definitely stay at the Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti again, we loved our experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We are waiting for your return and we really hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I loved this hotel, elegant in style, quiet and lovely friendly staff. Rooms cleaned daily. Continental Breakfast. Our room was located away from The Main Hotel, 2 min walk to a large building, which we didn't mind, absolutely beautiful room and bathroom couldn't wish for anything more, the breakfast room was next to our room, which only seated 8 couples or so, quaint and very stylish, the waiting staff, usually just one person, very friendly and helpful. The hotel is on a plazza, 5 min walk from Duomo; we were fortunate enough to watch The Cycling World Championship whilst visiting Florence. I would definitely book this hotel again. Most Charming.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience in this way. I't s a pleasure to know you enjoyed the historical environment, as well the Cycling World Championship in town.
We look forward to your next visit.
Best Regards