“Nice hotel”

Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #76 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Its a very nice hotel,perfect location and most delicios brekfast,very kind staff in all hotel,you can feel like at home in this place,i will definitlay comeback again and higly recommend, you should try it

• Stayed: November 2013
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write and share a review about Loggiato dei Serviti on Tripadvisor.
Writing you can feel at home here it's the best compliment we can receive.
We are extremely proud of guarantee a pleasant stay and a great service as per guest's expectations!

I really hope to welcome you again soon at Loggiato dei Serviti.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was originally a monastery built in the 1500s, very close to the Duomo and right around the block from the Academy with its statue of David. It's also right next to bus stops. Although historic Florence is fairly small and everything is within walking distance, we sure didn't mind bus rides on the way back from spending the entire day walking. Buses are also free if you buy a Firenze card, and whether you do or not you can get a bus route map from any tourist office selling the cards--the closest is just a block away from the hotel.

We stayed in room 30, which was very spacious. The velvet draperies and matching bed canopy and upholstered furniture were beautiful, and the room also had a wonderful matching antique set of nightstands and two very large dressers. It had a great view of the Duomo and surrounding rooftops and a garden below. The bathroom, which had a bathtub, was also very nice, although if you're tall, you need to watch your head when going up the small step to enter it. This hotel has an elevator, or if you want exercise you can use the stairs.

The breakfasts were very good, with excellent cappuccino and outstanding pastries, along with assorted other choices that were healthier. The downstairs area also has a nice bar that was open reasonably late, I believe until 9:30 p.m.

All staff spoke excellent English and were quite helpful. We loved this hotel. I was surprised it didn't have 100% stellar ratings in TripAdvisor so read a number just out of curiosity. I'd say pay to get a larger room--we're not big spenders but we absolutely thought it was worth it--and communicate with them in advance to see if one that sounds good is available.

Room Tip: Room 30 has a terrific view of the Duomo, is a very nice size, and is beautifully furnished with ant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you for your very detailed review. Your kind and enthusiastic words of appreciation make me proud and I consider them a reward for me and the staff . We always work with the aim to guarantee a high quality service to our guests and your review is a confirmation we are doing well and a stimolus to better ourselves.
I hope to welcome you again at Loggiato dei Serviti.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice and spacious room well heated during cold winter days. Every room with its own decoration makes this hotel charming and cozy. Restaurants, shopping and culture just around the corner. Simple but for us very sufficient breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. An overall great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel on tripadvisor.
I am very glad you have appreciated the charme and the atmosphere of the rooms due to their architectural style and furnishings.
I hope to welcome you again

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was just in Florence for 3 nights with my daughter. I remembered our first stay (5+ years ago) at Logiatta dei Servitti and really wanted my daughter to have that experience. There is currently construction in the square which makes it a bit less appealing but I enjoy the mix of students, tourist and homeless people that occupy not only this square but pretty much all of central Florence. On my first visit both my husband and I and the couple we were traveling with had the large rooms with the magnificent canopy beds. Our room opened onto the back overlooking the garden and a music school. This time we were in a much smaller room but still comfortable and again overlooking the back garden. I find the people and the service at this hotel friendly and helpful and definitely recommend it. I agree with comments in the other reviews - be specific about what you want. For example my first room was much bigger but the room I was just in had a huge bathtub! I will stay here on my next trip to Florence and the one after that too!

Room Tip: Overlooking the back garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,
thank you for your kind words posted on tripadvisor describing your experience at Loggiato dei Serviti. I am very proud and happy you decided to come here for the second time and that you would like to come here for your next visit in Florence, this is the best compliment we can receive.
I am looking forward to welcome you again at Loggiato dei Serviti

Best regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I had tried to book several times before but no luck, extremely happy to be back. I love the location, my room was splendid and the view!!! The duomo and rooftops of Florence, I couldn't resist taking photos by night, dawn and in the sunshine. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back again next month with pleasure
D

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for your enthusiastic review posted on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. I have reported your words of appreciation to all the staff,
they deserve them absolutely.
It will be a great pleasure for me to welcome you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

After 580 review's before me what can I add but confirmation. There are no negs here, only positives. I could happily spend my life in this hotel and in this city. Perfection in every regard, but especially the staff. Brava and bravo!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for writing after your stay with us: the staff is glad to read your review and we hope you'll be our guests again next time you visit Florence.
Best Regards

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Apparently the main hotel was full, so we were assigned to its overflow annex which is around its main hotel's corner.

- The place was very old, and outdated.
- There was mold/mildew around the tub corner.
- The wooden floor was falling apart to the degree that you must be careful not to be tripped over.
- The internet was slow.
- The breakfast was so-so.
- Worst of all, there was some sort of plumbing/sewage odor which I was allergic to.
- And it was expensive.

I booked the place 2-month ahead of time via expedia.com which was a bit cheaper than its own website, but we still paid a premium. We stayed there for 3 nights and repeatedly requested to be transferred to the main hotel, but they kept saying "not available" even though we saw lots of keys hanging there. Maybe whoever booked via their hotel website (and thus paid a bit more) have the "priority" to stay in the main hotel. We also looked at its main hotel room, it was also old, outdated and rather small.

This hotel was rated so well (in fact, a 3-star hotel listed in Rick Steve's tour book), I had to read the address several times to make sure it's the same hotel. It is the same hotel - we are very DISAPPOINTED! So you have been WARNED!!!

Its convenient location was the only reason I gave a 2-star; otherwise I would give 1 or even 0 rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank D L
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write this detailed review about your experience. We would prefer of course that all our guest would use our OFFICIAL WEBSITE to book their stay and mostly to write to us a direct e mail specifying their needs such as a room with a view to Piazza S.S Annunziata or with a view of the Cathedral or view of the garden! In this way we are able to meet all our customers’ expectations. In your case when you requested a room in the main hotel we were fully booked: the only reason why you saw the keys hanging in the reception (if you would have asked in that moment we would have answered you right away!) is because our customers leave their keys in the reception while they are visiting Florence...So it is wrong to assume that we did not wanted to give you another room, why should we do that?
Well, I guess this time we couldn't be a wonderful experience for you but please accept my invitation to talk to the staff when you are in an hotel and come back next time and experience the beauty of this Renaissance Charming Hotel

Best Regards