“I couldn't ask for better”

Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti
Ranked #76 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I spent my Christmas holydays in Florence and I have to say that it was great! The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The rooms transported me like in a time machine to the luxuries of the early 20th century in Florence with all the lovely furniture, wall paintings, carpets, curtains... everything! just like a in movie! :)

Everything I needed, I had. Free Wifi connection, great breakfast (specially the brioches :O ), cleanness, tv, and most important fair prices.

Regarding location, I couldn't ask for better! just from a few steps from the Duomo, you can
spend all your day exploring Florence, without having to worry about transportation because the hotel is in the middle of the beautiful city center, in Piazza Santissima Anunziata, which is very peaceful because it's never crowed and just in a side I had amazing buildings like Palazzo Budini Gattai or Santissina Anunziata Church, just to mention a couple.

Nevertheless, it's not enough to write here all the good time I had there, I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to experience the real Florentine magic without having to pay an exorbitant price.

Adriana
Finland

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adriana F

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I spent a week in Florence in December to visit with my daughter who was finishing a study abroad program. This hotel was a perfect location: close to the center city, but not on a busy street. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, and my room was perfect for my needs. On the weekend there was a farmers market right in the Piazza in front of the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Let me preface my review by saying first of all that this is a lovely hotel, well-situated and nice staff. A colleague of mine booked me in for a stay while I was in Florence on business and very kindly requested Room 30, which is at the back of the hotel and has a gorgeous view of the Duomo.

The room itself was beautifully decorated, and quite large. I only wish I had been there for a romantic break! I was however on a work trip and although the wifi was great, it was a bit awkward for working on my laptop - no proper desk as such. And of course, because it is a small hotel, none of the little conveniences like room service, a bar that was open in the evening (because it was off-season) etc. I know, I know - not what you need when you're taking a leisurely break in Florence.

I suppose I would simply say, when on business you probably need a few other conveniences, that this lovely hotel didn't have.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hollygo99
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights in this lovely place and we feel its worth it. Its got an italian reinassance atmosphere, its well positioned in the city center, the staff was always helpful and kind and we didnt miss anything during our staying. I loved the style of our room...great atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yu B
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your comment about your stay at Loggiato dei Serviti.
In few words you have been able to describe very well the hotel and its atmosphere.
Thank you for your very kind words of appreciation.

When you come back in Florence I shall be very pleased to welcome you again at Loggiato.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Its a very nice hotel,perfect location and most delicios brekfast,very kind staff in all hotel,you can feel like at home in this place,i will definitlay comeback again and higly recommend, you should try it

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking time to write and share a review about Loggiato dei Serviti on Tripadvisor.
Writing you can feel at home here it's the best compliment we can receive.
We are extremely proud of guarantee a pleasant stay and a great service as per guest's expectations!

I really hope to welcome you again soon at Loggiato dei Serviti.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was originally a monastery built in the 1500s, very close to the Duomo and right around the block from the Academy with its statue of David. It's also right next to bus stops. Although historic Florence is fairly small and everything is within walking distance, we sure didn't mind bus rides on the way back from spending the entire day walking. Buses are also free if you buy a Firenze card, and whether you do or not you can get a bus route map from any tourist office selling the cards--the closest is just a block away from the hotel.

We stayed in room 30, which was very spacious. The velvet draperies and matching bed canopy and upholstered furniture were beautiful, and the room also had a wonderful matching antique set of nightstands and two very large dressers. It had a great view of the Duomo and surrounding rooftops and a garden below. The bathroom, which had a bathtub, was also very nice, although if you're tall, you need to watch your head when going up the small step to enter it. This hotel has an elevator, or if you want exercise you can use the stairs.

The breakfasts were very good, with excellent cappuccino and outstanding pastries, along with assorted other choices that were healthier. The downstairs area also has a nice bar that was open reasonably late, I believe until 9:30 p.m.

All staff spoke excellent English and were quite helpful. We loved this hotel. I was surprised it didn't have 100% stellar ratings in TripAdvisor so read a number just out of curiosity. I'd say pay to get a larger room--we're not big spenders but we absolutely thought it was worth it--and communicate with them in advance to see if one that sounds good is available.

Room Tip: Room 30 has a terrific view of the Duomo, is a very nice size, and is beautifully furnished with ant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you for your very detailed review. Your kind and enthusiastic words of appreciation make me proud and I consider them a reward for me and the staff . We always work with the aim to guarantee a high quality service to our guests and your review is a confirmation we are doing well and a stimolus to better ourselves.
I hope to welcome you again at Loggiato dei Serviti.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice and spacious room well heated during cold winter days. Every room with its own decoration makes this hotel charming and cozy. Restaurants, shopping and culture just around the corner. Simple but for us very sufficient breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. An overall great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
loggiato, Proprietario at Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel on tripadvisor.
I am very glad you have appreciated the charme and the atmosphere of the rooms due to their architectural style and furnishings.
I hope to welcome you again

Kind regards