“Good bar, disappointing burger”
Review of The Club House - CLOSED

The Club House
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
London, United Kingdom
“Good bar, disappointing burger”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I had the bacon burger, which had good quality veal mince but the bacon wasn't that great- too thickly cut, undercooked and still with rind attached in places, which made for a crunchy/chewy mouthful every now and again. This is not what I expected when paying 14 euros for a decent burger. Also the chips were not homemade which is a bit disappointing as its hardly difficult in a restaurant. I would liken them to McDonalds chips, which again for the money is underwhelming. The only other negative was that I found the interior to be too warm- I was almost sweating during my visit, the aircon was clearly not on despite it being a hot August day-and I never complain about ambient temperature.
On the other hand the service was ok (I was the inly one there at the time) and they make a good spritz. So overall it's a good bar but I'd say the food is average at best and overpriced. Although, it seems most of the good reviews on here are based on their gluten free pizza, which I can't speak for. Possibly a good place for coeliacs.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Wexford, Ireland
“Excellent GF pizza”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor searching for gluten free pizza in Florence. It's really good, so good we ended up going back again. I tried both types of gluten free pizza - buckwheat and rice flour! Both lovely, I prefer the rice flour version but that's just personal taste. The gf pasta was also good. I'm a sensitive coeliac and had no issues at all which is a real bonus to be honest.
Between both nights and 5 people, we had a good selection from the menu, burgers, pasta and pizza. Everyone really enjoyed their food and the restaurant. The service was good, friendly and professional. A place I would definitely go back to!

Visited August 2013
Greece
“Stylish place, not bad food”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

In a convenient location near to the central square and only few meteres away the San Lorenzo market, this bar-restaurant is very pleasant and enjoyable for drinks, food and sweets. The salad we ordered was tasteful, while the pizza was just average. The service was friendly and fast enough. The strong point of the store is the comfortable lounge plus the free wi-fi.

Ostrava, Czech Republic
“Awesome lunch in an awesome city”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We found this restaurant totally randomly while exploring streets around the Dome. We were searching for a place to eat. This one looked great to us even though it's an american restaurant (we wanted to eat italian food when we were in Italy). But anyway we decided to give it a try.
We were very pleased with the interiors and glad to find out they spoke English there since we knew only few words in Italian.
Their offer is great. You can have typical american dishes but also pizza or pasta. Their desserts looked great but we were too stuffed to try anything :).
Another thing that made us very happy was the fact they also offered vegetarian food. But don't worry you can get a steak there as well.
We were there twice in one week, first time we ate pizza which was one of the best pizzas I've ever had, the second time we ate the veggie appetizer and veggie burger, both dishes were great!. The portions were huge and staff was very very friendly.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Poor service and mediocre food”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

With so many options for great Italian food In Florence I was really disappointed by CH. it was recommended by a tour guide and I felt like I was directed there because I am from the US. Some people incorrectly assume all Americans have to live off of cheeseburgers. This place is like an American restaurant only with really bad service. We had to ask for water 4 times and the check twice.