“Florence Tour with Paul”
Review of Walks of Italy

Walks of Italy
Book In Advance
US$70.73*
and up
Small-Group Skip the Line Best of Florence Walking Tour with David and the Duomo
US$125.88*
Small-Group Florence Day Tour with David, Duomo and Uffizi
US$113.89*
David and Duomo Tour: Early Accademia and Skip the Line Dome Climb
Ranked #20 of 350 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Walks of Italy offers one-of-a-kind experiences throughout Florence & Tuscany! As featured in Rick Steves' guidebooks. Day trips, activities & guided tours in Italy's greatest destinations. Our tours are truly small group (maximum 12) or private, giving you the maximum choice and flexibility for all budgets. Discounts offered for seniors, students & children, so bring the whole family! Unlike other companies, Walks of Italy secures EXCLUSIVE access to sites across Italy, unlocking hidden gems like the private suburban baths in Pompeii (with ancient brothel!), Doge's Secret Passages in Venice, a private Renaissance palace in Florence, the Colosseum's underground & top tier in Rome, and even VIP access to the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City—just to name a few! All our guides are hand-picked, English-fluent passionate experts in their local regions. Our company is committed to the principles of sustainability in travel, providing carbon offsets for transfers, patronizing local artisans and farmers, and bringing you off the beaten path away from tourist hoards whenever possible. Walk with us, and fill your vacation with unforgettable experiences that will last a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I went to Florence with a couple friends and we decided to do the Walks of Italy tour in Florence and absolutely loved it. Paul our guide was very interactive and forced us to use our background knowledge to get to the true answers behind the art and architecture of the city. I found it very moving and engaging. That being said, he focused on key paintings and sculptures at each location. I liked that he focused on the main pieces verses trying to show us every piece of work, which being in Florence would have been too overwhelming for me. I can actually recall all the information he presented and it makes sense chronologically. His talk about Michelangelo's David was so in depth; I think we were in the room for about 45 minutes, but the time flew because his description about the sculpture and its history was so engaging. Thank you Paul and Walks of Italy!!

1  Thank Anitta P

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have never been one for going to art galleries; however, the tour of the Uffizi and Academia was great! Paul, our tour guide, was well knowledgable in the descriptions and history of the pieces. He gave us information in stories, so it never got boring. The tour itself was interactive - he would ask questions, like small quizzes, throughout the tour. Paul was never condescending and had a good sense of humor. Overall, I loved the tour. I learned a lot and it was entertaining. I definitely recommend booking through them!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Spent the most memorable day learning all about Tuscan food and wine from Alina at Il Fontanaro organic farmhouse.
The group was intimate and the owner Alina was informative, friendly and had plenty of wine for everyone, including her mom's homemade limoncello:)
All in all it was the best way to cap off a great week!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Even a rainy day could not dampen our experience with the walking tour of Florence. Our tour guide, Bernardo, was knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about his city and its sites. We started off in the Accademia Gallery with Michelangelo's David and ended the day in the Uffizi gallery. Our tour size was small which was great. Bernardo even recommended a place for lunch, which turned out to be great.

We will always remember our trip to Florence and thank Bernardo for his great knowledge and passion for his city. We learned a lot and hope to continue learning about Renaissance art.

2  Thank California_K
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have never been one for booking tours, but I happened to be in Florence by myself and thought it was a great way to spend a day getting around the city.
The tour was so much more than I could have anticipated, the group was small (3 of us) which made for a very relaxed day, Paul was hilarious - he was able to bring the history of Florence to life through interesting stories and carried a thread througout the day that kept us retaining information and linked all of the sights together. I can not believe how intresteding I found all of the different paintings and sculptures and I know so much more about the artists themselves and the inspiration/rationale for the work. Paul was also happy to recommend places to go and see for meals and further sight seeing for those with a few more days in the city. I am a true convert to tours and can not recommend this tour highly enough. I will be back in Italy in 6 months with family and shall certainly be looking to use walks in italy again.