“Absolutely brilliant!”

Ranked #6 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This place is amazing. The decor, the service, the staff, the facilities all 5-star. Although you can walk to the city in 25 min, the complimentary shuttle bus service certainly helped in the August heat. The room we had on the 3rd floor was perfect, quiet and had a lovely balcony. The pool was fantastic, though in the summer the sun beds do get taken quickly. We ate in the restaurant the first night and though the food was good, the service could have been slightly more attentive. However these are minor issues as cannot really fault the overall experience. Many, many thanks to Jean-Pierre, Marco, Sebastian, Vanessa, Leonardo and all the other staff who all made us feel like royalty and made our anniversary so special and unforgettable. Can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank R P
SimoneGiorgi, Direttore generale at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We really thank you for your nice comment and for sharing it on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything went according to expecations.

We are honored of the positive comments regarding our staff and I will surely extend them to the entire team.

It is a real pleasure to have such a wonderful guest like you and we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

My warmest regards
Simone Giorgi, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent! Distinctive! Exceptional! Exquisite! First-class! Great! Magnificent! Outstanding! Superb! World-class!...... Just a few adjectives that come to mind when trying to describe Villa Cora.
This was actually our second visit. We fell in love with it last year and decided it was a must re-visit this year. We even extended our stay (again).
The highlights:
The staff- attentive, professional, great.
The decor- opulence galore. Interior, second to none. The pool and pool service.
The bag of sweet treats on our bedside table every night. (Love it! Although, as I'm allergic to gluten, I couldn't eat it)
Cleanliness- the maid service is exemplary.
The smell of Dr Vranjes, Firenze in the hallways and buildings in general. After last year's visit, I got back to London and rushed out to buy my very own bottle. My home now smells of Villa Cora, lol(at least of the first floor).
I could go on and on about how amazing this place is.
The shuttle service- easy. No stress.
Sky TV
Bed Linen
Towels
Annick Goutal toiletries
Restaurant- the salmon tartar starter with truffle is 'to die for.'

Any negatives, you ask?
Not really,
If anything;
The water pressure in the shower could be better in our room.
The vanity mirror was quite low (speaking as a tall person). I understand, most women are below 175cm.

I would have preferred some proper natural yoghurt in the breakfast buffet. (Greek style)There were several yoghurt options but I think they either contained sugar or were low fat.
No peacocks or flamingoes in the garden...lol, JOKE!!!!

Really, there is nothing to fault this hotel. (Reluctantly sharing my enthusiasm and statement of what an absolute gem this hotel is as I don't want you all to rush to book. We need a room for our next visit too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeductiveNomad
SimoneGiorgi, General Manager at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guests,

We don't have words to reply to such a beautiful review and too many compliments but we can only say THANK YOU. Your words are a real spot for the Hotel and we really feel as having achieved our goal when we receive these amazing feedbacks.
This was the second time that you stayed at Villa Cora and hopefully there will be a third..
Warmest Regards from all of us!!
great neck n.y.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First class hotel, with a beautiful marble pool and patio restaurant overlooking it. Staff were always helpful and gracious , and are ready to help in any way that they are able.
Rooms are either in the main house or the second building by the side of the pool, our room was very quiet, comfortable but a little on the small side even though it was classed as ' superior'. All meals are set next to the pool, breakfast had a beautiful buffet choice and the dinner menu was varied and well prepared. The hotel has a shuttle bus to go into the shopping areas, and is very convenient.

This hotel is a welcome stay for those who want to be close to the city center but also have the ability to relax and eat around the pool. A welcome stop for families visiting Florence who want a little recreation available for their children.

Room Tip: my advice is to always check the room before unpacking.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank michael c
SimoneGiorgi, General Manager at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for writing this beautiful comment ! We are happy to know that you had a good time at Villa Cora and that you coud completely enjoy your star at the Property and its location and facilities.
It will be a real pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Hotel anytime that you happen to be in Florence .
Warmest Regards
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Magic doesn't happen often. In fact, few of us has ever experienced it. Well, think of Villa Cora like this "kind of magic" where anything you dream of can happen.

For us, it happened on the 4th of June. Our Wedding. it could have been anywhere but Villa Cora was THE place. The place that allowed us to have that magic moment.

I never had much expectations, but the hotel management, event manager Clarissa, banquet team, GM, anyone involved was an expert and customer skills went above and beyond.

Our wedding was international (French-Korean), which added some logistic complexity with language and culture but the Hotel employees and management was perfectly orchestrated and everything took place smoothly with the utmost perfection and attention to detail.

There is no word to describe this destination, whether you are looking for peace, relaxation or to find this magic like we did. The is the right place to go.

We travelled all over the world and could never find the same level of customer excellence and real smile from the employees. It really feels like home for anyone who steps in. Every one of our 25 international guests from Asia, UK, Switzerland, Canada left with the same feedback: if we could add a 6th star to this hotel, we definitely would.

Thank you Villa Cora for making our Wedding a successful story, to mark the first day of our life as certainly the one that will be crystallized in us forever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thomasreneau
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much to remember us and write this beautiful review . We are so hounoured for having been part of one the most important days of your lives and, most of all, that everything went smoothly and that you can always remember Villa cora with a smile .
We will share this review with all the staff and remember that Villa Cora will always be your home whenever you decide to come back to Florence.
Our Warmest Regards
Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Villa Cora while visiting Florence. We arrived in the city by train and had a quick taxi ride to the hotel. Before we could even think and get out of the cab the car door on each side of the car were opened and the staff welcomed us to the hotel warmly.

The hotel
Beautiful, perfectly clean and impressive.

The Room
Bed was extremely comfortable, we overlooked the pool which we thought was nice.
The room was well decorated and extremely comfortable. The only thing i would add is an additional mirror. There was only the one mirror above the sink and would be nice to have one by the closet when getting ready.

The amenities
Pool, was perfect. Comfortable lounge chairs the area was clean and comfortable. My wife usually does not swim in pools but was constantly in the pool. With the "seating" in the water all the way around the pool it made it really comfortable.
Restaurant / Food was perfect. I still think about the buffalo mozzarella!
The view from the roof deck was beautiful and matched the overall experience.

The overall experience was amazing, the entire staff made us feel welcome and really looked out for our needs. We hope to return to Villa Cora soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SimoneGiorgi, General Manager at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guests,

We have just received your feedback and we really want to thank you for your beautiful words about the Hotel. We are so glad that you could enjoy your stay at Villa Cora so much and that you got positively impressed by the Property and all its services and facilities, but , most of all, by our Staff that you said was professional , friendly and helpful. . We look forward to welcoming you again to our Villa Cora as our precious guests.
Warmest Regards
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had our wedding at Villa Cora on June 4th, and they made my big day unforgettable.
I am sure every wedding is special but wedding in Villa Cora was simply the best.

My initial idea about our wedding was something rustic out in Tuscany but when my wedding planner showed me this place online, it changed everything. We live in Canada and planned our destination wedding in Florence little over a year via numerous emails. I had not visited the hotel before I booked them as my wedding venue but when I saw the photos of the hotel and heard that the management of the hotel is flexible to work with, I decided to go with this venue.

Our guests came from all over the world ( Europe, Asia and North America) and everyone had such a fantastic time at this beautiful hidden oasis in Florence.

- Location: Nice & quite residential area, just 20 mins walk to main city area across the bridge. They have a very spacious shuttle to take you to the city quite often, What a treat!! All of our guests stayed near the hotel, lots of B&B and other small boutique hotels. 10 mins taxi ride from the SMN Train station.

- Room: No need to say. Renaissance all around the property but they did not forget about modern technology at each corner of the room. We stayed at one of their Junior Suites overlooking the city from our balcony. Serene and Noble.

- Food: We had 3-4 people who have eating disorder in our wedding party and they all finished the 4 course meal. Do I need to say any more?

- Staff & Service : I felt like I was in the TV show " Downton Abbey". Everyone is very courteous and sincere. They pay attention to your needs and make you feel very special. You call for something, they are at your door within 2 mins.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the Banquet Team & the captain who did a fantastic job on our wedding day. Clarissa, the Event Manager at the hotel went above and beyond for us, I could not say thank you enough to her.

- Pool : Fresh air all around from the Boboli garden next door and you can chill in the pool.
- Don't forget to visit their rooftop patio. Million dollar view of Florence at sunset.

I have been working in hotel industry for 10 years ( in Europe, Asia and North America) and did many hotel inspections for my job and TRUST ME, This hotel is 10 out 10.

We will definitely be back for our anniversary and family trips.
All our guests can't stop talking about this hotel.
To All Brides out there, If your dream is an elegant and romantic wedding, Villa Cora is the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank saqtung
SimoneGiorgi, Direttore at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guests,

thank you very much, this is a very detailed review.
We are honored to have been part of your "unforgettable day"!
Clarissa and all the staff of Villa Cora work hard every day to give you the emotions and the feelings that you explained on the review.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

With my warmest regards,

Simone Giorgi - General Manager
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the Villa Cora with our two children (9&11) for ten days. The location of the hotel concerned us at first as it is a bit out of old Florence. It turned out to be great. Florence is very, very, very busy (and we had just come from Rome which seemed empty in comparison) and it was nice to get away from the noise and crowds. It's like a different world at the Villa Cora - a different world with a pool. The pool was such a great addition to our holiday. The heat, the fatigue, and the endless museums can be a bit much for kids, so it was wonderful to have the option to come back to the hotel and swim in the afternoon, or even just take a relax day and hang out by the pool.
The hotel is extremely luxurious and an historic architecture and art treasure. We stayed on the Moorish floor in the family room. It was huge, with two bedrooms, two bath, an entrance and balcony. The view from that room is not of Florence, but if you go up the stairs there is a terrace with a spectacular view. The beds were divine, the air conditioning great, and there was enough space to take a break from each other. The staff at the hotel all wear suits and skirts, so at first we were a bit intimidated, thinking that they would all be pretentious or stuffy, but they were not at all. The staff are incredibly warm, polite, and bend over backwards to assist you. The food was fantastic, although I didn't love the Sunday barbecue. We didn't try the spa so I can't comment. One thing we did do was a cooking class at the hotel for our son's birthday. A special thanks goes to Alberto who spent the morning showing us how to make pasta. He was awesome and the kids loved him.

Room Tip: As for a room on the fourth floor (Moorish floor) facing Florence if you are a couple, or the family...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SimoneGiorgi, Direttore generale at Villa Cora, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice comment and your beautiful words addressed to our Hotel and our staff, who honor us so much. I will surely extend them to the entire team and especially with Alberto.

We really hope to see you soon in our beautiful city ... and of course at Villa Cora

My Warmest regards