“the best”

Ranked #6 of 412 Hotels in Florence
miami
“the best”
Reviewed 4 March 2005

the best in Florence, great staff, especially at front desk, location is perfect, in the quiet area of Viale dei Colli, few steps to centre. A shuttle service is available. We spent 5 days, last Oct. in this unique example of neo classic style and we did enjoy our vacation. Surely next year we will be back at Villa Cora.

• Stayed October 2004
13 Thank motoilaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 29 July 2004

The hotel and pool are both lovely. I had a double room at a reduced rate through orbitz in the adjacent building. The room was adequate though it looked on to the laundry and was dark. Friends were in a corner room with two double beds in the main building that was large with views of the city and the pool. The staff for the most part was quite friendly however the front desk staff was not. The men at the front desk (all men, never saw a woman) seemed quite put out that they were expected to deal with guests. It was a shock given how nice the rest of the staff was. If you can laugh at that sort of attitude as we did, it's a non-issue though.

• Stayed January 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
santa barbara county, california
Reviewed 25 March 2004

If you want to stay where Anthony Hopkins, Roy Scheider, or other celebs stay and be treated just like them, then you need to stay at the Grand Hotel Villa Cora in breathtaking Firenze!

Every year (sometimes twice a year, depending on the level of stress that needs to be detoxed from my busy life), I travel to Italy - my favorite country and Florence - my favorite city in the entire world!

I discovered Villa Cora in 2001 and go there regularly to be pampered with multiple options that range from luxurious salt baths, luscious robes; unbelieveably sleeping accommodations; incomparable Florentine cuisine, and with every attention to detail you can imagine or not imagine. This hotel is definitely a Destination Hotel - 5 Star Luxury Hotel!

The hotel is situated in the most exclusive neighborhood in Florence - where multi-million dollar/euro villas line Tuscan roads. I usually wake in the morning and take brisk walks in my bird-whistling, antiquated tree-towering neighborhood and can actually feel invigorated as I breath the Tuscan air (you must remember I live in California).

Always e-mail ahead of time and make sure your e-mail is to the attention of "Stefano - Chief Concierge." As a guest I have known Stefano for four years and he will do "whatever it takes" to make sure you will never forget your time in Florence such as assuring that you have a limousine waiting for you at the airport/train station; coordinate a day trip to San Gimigano with shopping/lunch and wine tasting, or even coordinate your wedding at this unparalled hotel. In fact, I plan to invite my guests to this hotel for my wedding ceremony on its grounds when I walk down the aisle.

For the very best attention to detail, ask for Stefano and let him know that "Darlene from Solvang, California" sent you. You will be treated like a prince or princess, which you are!

Enjoy and treat yourself to this memorable and regenerating experience - you deserve it!

19 Thank firenzetraveler
Reviewed 7 January 2004

We went for our honeymoon there and did not know what to expect. The views form your bedroom is something to be admired. The whole suite was just one of the best hotels I have ever visited. The only other hotel this good was the Mandarin Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. My wife and I will be visiting Villa Cora again.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 August 2003

This is a beautiful hotel, especially the public rooms where you feel as though you are royalty. The standard rooms are also quite nice, but a bit small. I would rec. a delux room in the main house upon booking.
The pool and location are also terrific. It's great to take a swim while on vacation and having the hotel just outside the city gates is a pleasant plus. Who wants crowds all day long!The only unfortunate thing is the service. While many of the front desk folks are wonderful and helpful, a couple of them are very cranky...avoid the large man with the goatee and go to whoever else is on duty.Have fun!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2003

The Villa Cora sits above Florence, which has both advantages and disadvantages. A walk down 30 minutes or so is through a lovely area of parks and big homes. The hotel furnishes complimentary limo service to and from the Ferragamo building on the via Tounabuoni. We stayed for a week early in March (this month). I made a reservation by phone while on a train from Venice to Florence and asked for a special rate. For 250 euros per night, we had a large suite a sitting room with a bath (shower only) and a bedroom with a full bath. Our view was over the swimming pool (not in use in March!) into a park-like area, and to the side we could see the rooftops of central Florence delightful. Service was impeccable. The hotel has an extensive and good breakfast buffet. Although we ate dinner down in the city each night, everything I heard about the hotel restaurant was favorable. Our daughter and another young woman joined us in Florence for two nights and they had an identical suite for the same price. Not only that, but when the hotel restaurant's maitre d' discovered our daughter was coming, he sent a box of chocolates (from Rivoire) and a bottle of champagne to their suite! Incidentally, the hotel also has access to the Internet. We were treated wonderfully throughout our stay. I'm not sure this had anything to do with it, but we were told that the hotel was struggling, and it seemed that they were hosting very few dinners or small conventions. Our visit also came at a time when Florence apparently had an unusually small number of tourists because of the impending war.

10 Thank drover
Memphis
Reviewed 25 March 2003

Wonderful hotel. Great service, beautiful rooms. The only bad point was that it was far from the city attractions.

6 Thank lasvegasvisitor