“Lots of atmosphere with good food......”
Review of Gilli

Gilli
Ranked #13 of 120 Nightlife in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Dating back to 1773, this indoor and outdoor café is centrally located on a large busy square, making it a perfect spot to drink, have a bite to eat and do some people-watching.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Got bored with our hotel food and just walked out into the town to see where to eat. Picked this restaurant as it looked smart and we had had a quick lunch there a few days before.
We wanted a bit of life and atmosphere so we sat right at the front which means you are close to the noise and the vendors of various trinkets; but we didn't mind that. If you do, sit further back.
The food was very good and well presented. We enjoyed the whole experience of being tourists in Florence. Would go again, but not every night.

1  Thank Robert01
There are newer reviews for Gilli

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been coming to Firenze for many years and one of my favorite spots is visiting Gilli's. The food is great & the atmosphere wonderful. And they always make me feel as if I am someone special. But I am especially happy when I can be served by a waiter named Alessandro who has been working there for what seems like forever. He is absolutely lovely and goes beyond the call of duty to make sure you are have a memorable experience. I couldn't believe he even remembered my name after only the third visit!!! If you have the pleasure of having Alessandro serve you then don't hesitate to have him make not only food recommendations but also places around Tuscany to visit. You will not be disapponted. Plus it will add to one of your favorite memories of Firenze.

1  Thank 24andil
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely place to spend a few hours watching the world go by with a drink or a lovely lunch served by very attentive waiters/waitresses

1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were out early walking around and making our way to the Pitti Palace / museum, where our short visit ended up taking all day! We passed the Gilli cafe's window and on display were the fanciest Easter Eggs we'd ever seen. then we looked inside the cafe and thought, "Oh my goodness' we just found Italy! the waiters looked ultra suave in their coats and ties and as you can see by the photo.. They were very friendly and helpful. hence, I whipped out the camera. We only had the coffee and hot chocolate in the standing area but it was a blast. couldn't comment on the food. But the atmosphere was EXCELLENT!

2  Thank James N
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Worst hamburger we gave ever had. Cafe looks nice and comfortable but anything with beef tasred like it was reheated. Bread dry. Beef good

2  Thank Annette W