All reviews great location train station the staff was friendly and helpful palazzo vecchio recommend this hotel small bathroom air conditioning street noise gelateria three nights bells hallway luggage sightseeing dome
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is a great cheap hotel and basic but of a very good standard. We had a large room and have also stayed in a single room. The breakfast was really filling. The location is perfect practically next to the stunning duomo. I would recomend and stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank daymoLiverpool
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

we booked a room for 1 night; the two ladies at the reception where very kind, but when we were in our room we noticed the toilet was dirty and the bed full of someone else hair. I came back to the reception but there was a different receptionist who was very rude, he didn't apologize and said it was not his problem ('clean the toilet by yourself'). I obviously refused and asked for a change of room, then he gave us the only free room for that night, saying 'if it doesn't suits you, it is your problem'. After that, we had an argument about his total rudeness and unprofessionality, and he said WE GOT THE ROOM DIRTY TO HAVE A BENEFIT(??)
I am still shocked for the words I heard.

My advice is to avoid this hotel unless you want to ruin your holiday

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ila R
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Really nice hotel, very well located near to Santa Maria novella Stazione, near to Piazza di Signoria, and in a street with a lot of stores and also restaurants nearby. The room was not so nice but clean and the breakfast is good.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank CarlaSP20152016
Reviewed 24 January 2018

The location is excellent. The breakfast included with the room was great. The hotel staffs were very helpful with the sights and travel time. Service itself was great. Room very small. Too much old furniture in the hallways. If you are on the 4th floor, you have to carrier our own bags. If you are a senior that is challenging, to climb up two sets of stairs with your luggage. The hot water on demand need to be updated. I ended up taking a partial old shower.

Much to my suprise! The Maxim was not the only hotel in this building. Interesting.

Room Tip: take your shower before you head out on the town for dinner
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with two friends for 10 days. From the first moment we walked in we noticed a musty, damp smell that never ever left. The bathroom was a wet room style that never dried completely and as a result the ceiling was covered in a black mold that visibly grew during our stay. The bedroom itself was a good size but under the window by my bed you could see further mold growing that looked like someone had tried to paint over it. A few days into the stay we all started to get unwell with colds, coughs and congestion etc, which all happen to be symptoms of black mold exposure.

The only redeeming features of this hotel was the breakfast (including a very good pancake maker and fresh fruit) and the location of the hotel on the main shopping street (and next to a very nice Venchi).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends