“Such a Welcome In Florence” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casci

Hotel Casci
Ranked #35 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Andover, United Kingdom
“Such a Welcome In Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

we really loved this hotel - very central and the family running it were so friendly and helpful ( offering to book the art galleries for us in advance etc and recommending a trattoria for us to eat in which was off the beaten track and was very good)
The rooms were plain but very clean with everything one needed ( safe/ air conditioning etc )We did find the breakfast slightly chaotic as everyone happened to arrive at the same time and it was rather crowded in the small dining room.
We spent 2 nights here and went travelling - upon our return to Florence and with hours to wait with 2 suitcases before the flight, we decided to go to the station and leave them in the left luggage only to find all the station staff on strike . In desperation l rang the hotel Casci and asked if we could pay them to leave our cases there for the next 6 hours. They wouldn't hear of taking a payment and said we were most welcome to take the cases there. they even rang for a taxi for us to the airport on our return.
We so agree with all the reviews commenting on the hospitality of this small hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Jennyapples

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel Casci is small family run hotel on the second floor of a building 2 minutes walk (I am not kidding!) from the Duomo and the medevial centre of Florence. From the moment we arrived all of the staff couldn't have done more to make us more welcome - from organizing tickets for attractions, tours and even interpreting Italian medical instructions into English. The room was large, meticulously clean and air conditioned but basic. Breakfast was excellent with staff on hand to help and ensure plenty to eat. The whole hotel is spotless and charming backed up by a great location. We stayed 3 nights and felt like family at the end! We wouldn't hesitate recommending Hotel Casci to any friends.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Wilton, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Charming hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, but you can't get there early, starts 7:30AM.
They let us keep our bicycles in the lobby overnight. That was very nice. It is difficult getting a bike in the elevator, you have to ride it one person & bike at a time, and stand it up on the rear wheel, and even then a bit tricky.
It is a second floor hotel, but with small elevator. Not sure if you could get a wheelchair in it, so not certain it is wheelchair accessible.
Room was comfortable, A/C worked and wasn't overly loud. Clean, comfortable.
They arranged tour of the Ufizzi, which was kind of pricey, but worth it. Otherwise, you want to have your tickets to the museum in advance!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel Casci is just awesome. I booked a 5 days stay in this hotel but unfortunately due to some maintenance issue in the room I was assigned, on my first night they arranged for me to stay in another hotel stone throw away. It was fine because the hotel they assigned (Hotel Giogio) wasn't all that bad and the next day I simply went on my tours (sans luggage) and returned in the evening to Hotel Casci having my luggage automatically transferred.

Similar to most hotels in Italy, the room I was given was pretty small but it was to be expected. Considering, I had returned from Cinque Terre in which I had great hosts attending to me in previous accommodations, I was not hoping for anything that spectacular. But I was wrong.

Paolo was very professional and polite......and the guy in charge of the night duties were also equally hospitable. But breakfast was just superb. I was treated like a part of the family and they always ensure that I have enough food. Even when the place was full, they even offered to send the food to my room.

The reason I did not give it a 5* was the fact that unfortunately the shower in my room has slow drainage thus I cannot have long showers else it will flood. (To think of it, this was an effective way to save water).

Apart from that, I have a great stay at Hotel Casci.....and I don't know about you but the last time I visited this hotel there is a gypsy begging right at the entrance so there is no way this hotel is hard to find. I love it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Our stay at Hotel Casci, Rossini's former residence, was absolutely amazing. The room for the three of us( Mom traveling with her two twenty-somethings) was spacious and clean and quiet. We loved the breakfast included in the stay and the staff was amazing. They suggested and reserved restaurants for us every night during our stay in Florence and each one was exceptional. We will return to this gem, a haven during the busy tourist season!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank away4me
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stay 3 night in a family room for 4 in this family run hotel and it is a very pleasant stay. The room is quite spacious in Italy standard. It is clean and with the necessary facilities. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. Helped us with reservations to the galleries and arranged taxi service to the train station. Breakfast was very good - - fresh coffee, fresh fruit and the staff fussed over us to make sure we had all we needed.

The room was simple and immaculate with free wireless Internet and cable tv. As Americans traveling in Italy, we were very impressed that the hotel staff could communicate with us in excellent English via email before our stay and in person during our visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family