“Hotel Casci...Great Team of Service Providers”
Review of Hotel Casci

Hotel Casci
Ranked #36 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel Casci...Great Team of Service Providers”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We spent two nights in Florence at Hotel Casci Sept 3-5/11. The management and staff of the hotel are truly outstanding. Although the hotel rooms and bathrooms are small the service and the customer orientation of the staff more than made up for the room's shortcomings.
Rooms are clean, well maintained and quite comfortable. My wife is a shopper and the proximity of the hotel to the leather merchants market couldn't have been better. She found some great handbags that she bought as souvenirs for our daughters. Dining was amazing. We found a restaurant about a kilometre from the Hotel that served the best (Bistecca Fiorentina) steak I have ever had. Proximity to all the major attractions enabled us to make the most of our short stay in Florence. Grazie mille l'Albergo Casci.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
menton
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Close to the duomo, the Hotel Casci is on the first floor of a busy street. Parking facilities are nearby but it makes sense to drop your luggage at the hotel beforehand.

The room we had was large and clean. We opted for a triple room, although we travelled as a couple.
Breakfast was self-service and we were offered an adequate choice. The lady owner was both informative and very personable. She speaks English fluently and is a mine of local information.
This is a family run hotel where you will find a genuine welcome.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brigitteMenton
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I'm a little late posting this review but we stayed here May 2010 for 2 nights before cruising the Mediterranean. All I can say is...fabulous, I have never stayed at a hotel with such a welcoming staff in my lifetime. The location was fantastic and close to all site seeing ventures and shopping markets. The hotel staff, rooms, & complimentary breakfast were great. If you are looking for a nice place to stay at a reasonalbe price choose this hotel you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

we really loved this hotel - very central and the family running it were so friendly and helpful ( offering to book the art galleries for us in advance etc and recommending a trattoria for us to eat in which was off the beaten track and was very good)
The rooms were plain but very clean with everything one needed ( safe/ air conditioning etc )We did find the breakfast slightly chaotic as everyone happened to arrive at the same time and it was rather crowded in the small dining room.
We spent 2 nights here and went travelling - upon our return to Florence and with hours to wait with 2 suitcases before the flight, we decided to go to the station and leave them in the left luggage only to find all the station staff on strike . In desperation l rang the hotel Casci and asked if we could pay them to leave our cases there for the next 6 hours. They wouldn't hear of taking a payment and said we were most welcome to take the cases there. they even rang for a taxi for us to the airport on our return.
We so agree with all the reviews commenting on the hospitality of this small hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennyapples
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel Casci is small family run hotel on the second floor of a building 2 minutes walk (I am not kidding!) from the Duomo and the medevial centre of Florence. From the moment we arrived all of the staff couldn't have done more to make us more welcome - from organizing tickets for attractions, tours and even interpreting Italian medical instructions into English. The room was large, meticulously clean and air conditioned but basic. Breakfast was excellent with staff on hand to help and ensure plenty to eat. The whole hotel is spotless and charming backed up by a great location. We stayed 3 nights and felt like family at the end! We wouldn't hesitate recommending Hotel Casci to any friends.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Wilton, CT
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Charming hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, but you can't get there early, starts 7:30AM.
They let us keep our bicycles in the lobby overnight. That was very nice. It is difficult getting a bike in the elevator, you have to ride it one person & bike at a time, and stand it up on the rear wheel, and even then a bit tricky.
It is a second floor hotel, but with small elevator. Not sure if you could get a wheelchair in it, so not certain it is wheelchair accessible.
Room was comfortable, A/C worked and wasn't overly loud. Clean, comfortable.
They arranged tour of the Ufizzi, which was kind of pricey, but worth it. Otherwise, you want to have your tickets to the museum in advance!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel Casci is just awesome. I booked a 5 days stay in this hotel but unfortunately due to some maintenance issue in the room I was assigned, on my first night they arranged for me to stay in another hotel stone throw away. It was fine because the hotel they assigned (Hotel Giogio) wasn't all that bad and the next day I simply went on my tours (sans luggage) and returned in the evening to Hotel Casci having my luggage automatically transferred.

Similar to most hotels in Italy, the room I was given was pretty small but it was to be expected. Considering, I had returned from Cinque Terre in which I had great hosts attending to me in previous accommodations, I was not hoping for anything that spectacular. But I was wrong.

Paolo was very professional and polite......and the guy in charge of the night duties were also equally hospitable. But breakfast was just superb. I was treated like a part of the family and they always ensure that I have enough food. Even when the place was full, they even offered to send the food to my room.

The reason I did not give it a 5* was the fact that unfortunately the shower in my room has slow drainage thus I cannot have long showers else it will flood. (To think of it, this was an effective way to save water).

Apart from that, I have a great stay at Hotel Casci.....and I don't know about you but the last time I visited this hotel there is a gypsy begging right at the entrance so there is no way this hotel is hard to find. I love it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo