Hotel Casci, Venice
A Good Affordable Hotel in a Great Location
- The room is clean and practically furnished.
- The bedding is firm, but very comfortable.
- There is plenty of closet space.
- Public areas of the hotel are warm and welcoming.
- Hotel Casci is conveniently located a couple of blocks from the Duomo and Accademia Gallery.
- We were able to walk fairly easily from the train station with our luggage.
- Rooms have wi-fi and there is a computer terminal available in the lobby area for guests’ use.
- Prevention of sound transmission between rooms was good, with some minor noise at times from traffic in the hallway. There was no street noise despite being on a busy street.
- The complementary breakfast buffet was very good with many choices of items and maintained by polite and friendly attendants.
- There is plenty of hot water and good water pressure (and the tap water is quite good).
- Although the bath towels looked quite thin to me, when I used them, I realized that they were very absorbent and generously oversized.
- The hotel staff members all speak fluent English and are friendly, polite and helpful.
- As in hotels in other cities in Italy, the bathroom is a step up from the floor of the room. At night, the room is quite dark as there are wooden shutters on the windows, and the bathroom step could prove to be hazardous. I would recommend purchasing a 220v night light for the bathroom.
- The hotel is located on the second floor of an old, but historic building which does not give a good first impression. The dark and somewhat gloomy atmosphere disappears when one enters the hotel from the elevator (the hotel is bright and cheerful with attractive public areas).
- The hair dryer provided did not have sufficient power to be effective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Casci is a small family managed hotel located in an ancient palace right in the heart of Florence, just a few steps from the Duomo and the Accademia (David), within walking distance from all museums and sights. It can be easily reached from the main railway station and by car, too, with a valet garage nearby. All rooms have private bathroom, air conditioning, flat screen TV with DVD, free WI-FI, hairdryer, fridge and safety-box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Casci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casci Hotel Florence