“Excellent”

Ranked #36 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Nice family run hotel. The location is fantastic, two blocks from the duomo and central to most attractions. Rooms are small but very clean. Breakfast which is included has a nice selection to start the day. I highly recommend for the price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Casci in Florence in May 2014. It met all of our needs and more. We were looking for something clean and comfortable, reasonably priced and close to major attractions and restaurants. Hotel Casci provides all that - it is located within 2 blocks of the Duomo and it is an easy walk to art gallaries, museums, tons of good restaurants, gelato places and shops and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bonus from our perspective were the staff at this family run hotel. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome. In the generous breakfast room, the food was excellent and we were made to feel like family. Overall, it was everything we hoped for and more.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
lansing michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2014

just returned from Italy during which time we we fortunate enough to spend 8 nights at the Casci. We had stayed there 4 years ago and loved it..well we were not disappointed this time either. Mrs Lombardi and her staff certainly go the extra mile to see that your visit is the very best it can be. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florence. The level of service and cleanliness is top notch. Should we be fortunate enough to return to Florence there is nowhere we would stay. Did I mention the location? The Casci is in the heart of it all. Thank you all for a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel, run by a family is very clean and serve healthy breakfast ( Not too much cal). Homely atmosphere. Very much centrally located. secure and safe. I will stay here if I visit to Florance again

Room Tip: Some rooms are big and a few are small.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in May. Would rate it 4.5 - between very good and excellent - see last comment.

Location is excellent – turn right out of the hotel, walk 2 minutes and you’re at the Duomo.

Staff is lovely, everyone was friendly and helpful.

I had a single room – first time in a long while that I had a true single bed in a hotel. The room itself was fine in terms of size – the bed was right against the wall which was a little uncomfortable (I’m tall), and the pillow was not great. The shower was a corner shower with a curtain – impossible not to get the surrounding floor wet, but the size of the bathroom was fine. The room had a TV, safe, fridge and desk. There was only one outlet for charging (there was a charging station, but I couldn’t get it to work – though in fairness, I did not ask for assistance, so that’s on me).

The room was for the most part quiet – the one issue I had with noise from another guest was mentioned to a member of staff, and the next night there was no problem at all.

Free wi-fi throughout the hotel, as well as a computer available for use in the bar area. There are no beverages in the rooms (just a fridge for your use), but beverages are available for purchase at the front (€1 for a bottle of water)

Breakfast was extensive – fresh fruit, eggs, toast, yogurt, cornetti, cereal. I’m sure I’m missing something! The cappuccino was delicious!

There is a bar area in front, as well as a computer

I would definitely recommend the hotel, and would love to stay here again, though perhaps I would pay extra and book a double room even if I were traveling solo.

If 1/2 stars were available, I would rate the hotel 4.5 - the 1/2 off is solely for the bed/pillow - my neck was killing me! My travel companions had a double room and did not have this problem.

south florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Four of us (two couples) stayed for 3 nights in early May. I believe we had rooms 20 and 21. The hotel was perfect for us: clean and comfortable, in a fantastic location very close to the Duomo, friendly, helpful, English speaking staff (family run), a delicious breakfast, an onsite casual bar. It is not a luxury hotel and as a result does not have luxury rooms but they were very nice ... and I thought very affordable. I would definitely recommend it for all types of travelers and will stay there again if I have the chance.

Room Tip: Some rooms have more natural light.. Also, some rooms have bathtubs and others just showers. If the...
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A perfect location 2 blocks from the Duomo, a wonderful staff of people working the desk, displaying a delicious breakfast each morning. Very clean and well maintained. They answered and helped with all questions, in every way we loved staying there!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple