“Gluten Free Hotel in Florence”
Review of Hotel Casci

Hotel Casci
Ranked #51 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I searched for gluten free hotels in Florence and this hotel came up first. I immediately came to Trip Advisor for their take on the hotel and saw all the wonderful reviews. I completely agree with all the wonderful comments.

As far as the gluten free breakfast, every morning I was given a basket of gluten free items to choose from and that was in addition to the fruit, yogurt, meat, and eggs that were available gluten free. When I asked if they had rice milk for the gluten free cereal, Carla sent a maid to go purchase it for me. I was willing to wait to have the milk the next morning but Carla would not allow that. - she even mentioned that I could have emailed them a list of anything I needed before arriving and she would have provided it. She wants every guest to be happy and well fed, which I most certainly was.

As far as the hotel itself, even before we arrived I had exchanged numerous emails with Paolo and PiersPaolo and set up our free Siena tour and collected all the information on getting to the hotel and using private drivers for our other tours. They always answered each question with great detail and answered very quickly.

We loved our room which overlooked the center courtyard and if you had your window doors open you could hear the bells of the Duomo but with them closed, we heard nothing. The room was spotless and so very comfortable. They had DVDs that we could borrow to watch and all types of books to borrow (travel and pleasure reading) too. The free wifi in the room worked perfectly but they also have a public computer to use if needed and the front desk can print items for you if needed (airline confirmations, etc).

Every time we entered or left the hotel we were greeted in Italian and either asked about our day or wished safe travels. The Duomo is right down the street, the San Marco market is around the corner and there is all types of shopping and eating within seconds of the hotel. I will admit the outside of the building is a little off putting but don't let it stop you from entering one of the best hotels available.

I truly believe staying at Hotel Casci made my trip the best it could be. I would most definitely stay there again if I travel back to Florence. Thank you to Hotel Casci!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,837)

Reviewed 3 November 2009

Loved the hotel. The Casci family were very warm and welcoming. Very helpful with advice, directions, restaurant reservations etc. Room was huge for Europe. Comfortable bed. Beautiful bathroom. Free Wi-Fi. Flat screen TV. Breakfast selection was excellent.
Great location. Highly recommend if you want to feel at home while in Florence. An exceptional value.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

What a joy. Very friendly folks. They were most helpful in finding restaurants and sights. They even provided umbrellas on a rainy day. The food was great and the room was all we both expected and needed and more. Wonderful location, very centrally located. Everything was within an easy walking distance.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed at Hotel Casci three nights in October. We walked from the train station using the directions on the web site, without problem other than getting past groups of tourists and people waiting for buses. The hotel sprawls over one floor; our rooms were near the back and the long and winding path to the front always amused us (right, then left, up a short set of stairs, down a corridor, etc.) Location is central, wifi is fast (I needed to make a VoIP call to my parents and the quality was excellent, which meant the connection very solid), and breakfast is good with lots of choice, including the cereal I eat when at home. We had some nice conversations with fellow travelers each morning. They did sometimes get tight on tables but always worked to accommodate everybody.

The owners and staff felt like family, taking care of us, giving advice, making reservations. We had a problem with noise above our room on our second night. Apparently the floors are a little thin because it sounded like there was a gym or furniture moving going on above us (the hotel is on one floor and there are apartments on the floor above). It was annoying but not bad enough to complain at the time, but when we mentioned it the next morning they reacted with concern, offered to switch us to another room (we packed up so they could move us while we were out sightseeing), and attempted to contact the family upstairs. The noise was out of their control but the response was just what you would want, and the second room was larger than the first which had already been plenty big.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We have just returned from Florence having spent four days at this family run hotel in a very convenient part of the city. The staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful and also efficient. The main attractions are all within easy walking distance and the hotel arranged our reservations to the Uffizi and the Academie galleries before we even left Britain. For the former in particular, reservations are a must and I commend the hotel for saving us so much time and frustration. Breakfast was especially enjoyable. I don't quite know why but maybe the combination of staff attention and ambience had a lot to do with it. If you are in Florence I would have no hesitation in recommending the Casci.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2009

This hotel is a gem in the dowtown section of Florence. A small hotel with a big smile and always a warm greeting. More than several languages are spoken and the staff are just like a very nice family. The rooms are always well kept and clean. The hotel is centrally located and one can shop and visit the local Museums by walking.

The rooms are well appointed and at a reasonable price. Plan to stay there your next visit in Firenze

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We selected this hotel through Trip Advisor, and what it lacks in glamour absolutely makes up for in service & location. It is obvious that this family-run business really cares more about the impression you leave with more than the impression you get from pictures. Helpful, friendly, and good old-fashioned service that is hard to find at the larger "branded" hotels. We stayed 4 nights and the room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and had everything we needed. Definitely recommend this hotel for a quick visit when you need to be within a short walk of all the major attractions. Thanks for giving us a great "first time" in Florence.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple