“Very good tourist hotel in a great loacation”
Review of Hotel Casci

Hotel Casci
Ranked #51 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My wife & I and 7 more extended family members stayed in 5 rooms over 3 nights in this charming family run hotel.

We arrived about noon and were greeted at the enterance by hotel staff. ( our driver had called when we were a block from the hotel.) The hotel is located on the second floor, by a broad staircase, or a small lift to get you there. We sent the luggage up first. the lift can only handle 4 people at once. Paula Lombardi and his mother own and personally run this charming hotel and greeted us as long lost family. A note: The front of the hotel is under renovation, with large dumpsters out front, which give it a perfectly horrible first impression. We heard no noise during our stay. But, once inside, you find a lovely little place with charm and heaps of freindlyness. All of our rooms where on this floor, clean and with roomy and modern bathrooms. This place has free internet and provided me with my first contact with family in over 2 weeks. They also have free DVD's for the asking, with players in the rooms. The breakfast area is large, with many tables, which are set when you come in each morning. They have a very helpful woman to assist you hard boiling your eggs just right and along with Paulo's mother come by the tables and ask if you want more coffee cappuccino or juices. The self serve breakfast selection is the best I have seen in type of hotel. All kinds of fruits, breads, coffee cakes, lots of different spreads, for toast. Several juices, teas, hot and cold boiled eggs, etc. It was a welcome treat each morning and had to be worth 10 Euros on its own. It was included in the very resonable rate of 105 euros per night cash rate.

As for location, we were only 1 1/2 blocks from the Duomo and you could see the Baptistry as soon as you left the hotel. There was a great little Galato shop, run by a very nice middle aged man who is the owner, about a block, on the right as you walked to the Duomo Sq. It was called the Snack Shop I think. Give it a go. For Mc Donald lovers there is a low key one 1/2 block away, but with ALL the great places to go in Florence, why bother?!

Note; The lobby is open til about 1 am. However the night guy does sleep in the lobby on a murphy bed, and gets up at 6am. So don't go busting in on him.

Paulo has got to be one of the most helpful men I have known. He helped our grouip with knowledge, maps and ideas. He will make museum reservations for you prior to arrive as well.

Reviewed 15 November 2009

The hotel, with its quaint reception area and friendly staff made our stay in Florence a sheer pleasure! Close to the Duomo, and everything else you would like to see in Florence. A major plus for us (non Italian speakers) was the owners/staff command of English. They are fluent in several other languages as well, so more than likely you will not have a problem getting information. All I had was a street address and they knew the place I was looking for and quickly marked our path on a map. In addition, the manager got on the phone and called to make us a reservation. Amazing! service that I would expect at hotels costing much more.

Do yourself a favor and book here. Rooms are quaint and basic, but VERY clean and well maintained. Free Wi-Fi access, Rooms have TV, and DVD players if you can't sleep, they have a collection of DVD movies free to watch.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Very friendly family run hotel. It was clean, close to the main piazza, and relatively inexpensive. They had a very nice breakfast, pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, ,juice,fresh fruit, and coffee,or. hot coco. Were very helpful ordering reservations for museums if you needed. The rooms were very clean and neat. All around great stay!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I can only concur with all the other positve reviews for this hotel. The level of indivdual attention to each guest is quite special compared to many hotels. Florence is a very busy and somewhat frenetic tourist city. But once you enter in to Via Cavour, 13 and take the elevator (or walk up the winding staircase...if you have any energy left at the end of the day), the reception at Hotel Casci is warm and welcoming. All of the Lombardi family and other staff are helpful. Reservations for museums were booked by the hotel in advance of arrival by e-mail and recommendations and reservations for restaurants were easily made each evening. The hotel is quite simple but with impeccably clean rooms, crisp white bedlinens,small but modern bathrooms and a flat screen TV with a wide selection of DVDs to borrow from the reception.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

Just another great review for this hotel. We were originally scheduled for 5 nights and decided to stay our last night here as well. With the help of Paulo and PierPaulo we were able to get a ride to the airport from PierPaulo. Way beyond typical customer service. Always a pleasure passing the desk with a bit of conversation. Fantastic breakfast and great conversation with others staying here. The hot chocolate is a highlight. As others have said, rooms are a bit small but clean as can be. Very nice bathrooms with seperate tub and shower. To be honest, we spent very little time in the room. Florence and Tuscany are too beautiful to stay inside. Besides the owners/staff the benefit of Hotel Casci is the location. You can get there from the station by foot but with luggage, you may be better off with a taxi. Once we were there, we walked everywhere in Florence from this location. We would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Stayed at Hotel Casci for 4 nights. The rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely willing to help and accomodating. The breakfast every morning is wonderful! The hotel is in a great location, less than 2 blocks from the Duomo. There is free wi-fi, computer in the lobby for guests to use, small bar for drinks or coffee, tvs in the room and a selection of dvds to borrow. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I searched for gluten free hotels in Florence and this hotel came up first. I immediately came to Trip Advisor for their take on the hotel and saw all the wonderful reviews. I completely agree with all the wonderful comments.

As far as the gluten free breakfast, every morning I was given a basket of gluten free items to choose from and that was in addition to the fruit, yogurt, meat, and eggs that were available gluten free. When I asked if they had rice milk for the gluten free cereal, Carla sent a maid to go purchase it for me. I was willing to wait to have the milk the next morning but Carla would not allow that. - she even mentioned that I could have emailed them a list of anything I needed before arriving and she would have provided it. She wants every guest to be happy and well fed, which I most certainly was.

As far as the hotel itself, even before we arrived I had exchanged numerous emails with Paolo and PiersPaolo and set up our free Siena tour and collected all the information on getting to the hotel and using private drivers for our other tours. They always answered each question with great detail and answered very quickly.

We loved our room which overlooked the center courtyard and if you had your window doors open you could hear the bells of the Duomo but with them closed, we heard nothing. The room was spotless and so very comfortable. They had DVDs that we could borrow to watch and all types of books to borrow (travel and pleasure reading) too. The free wifi in the room worked perfectly but they also have a public computer to use if needed and the front desk can print items for you if needed (airline confirmations, etc).

Every time we entered or left the hotel we were greeted in Italian and either asked about our day or wished safe travels. The Duomo is right down the street, the San Marco market is around the corner and there is all types of shopping and eating within seconds of the hotel. I will admit the outside of the building is a little off putting but don't let it stop you from entering one of the best hotels available.

I truly believe staying at Hotel Casci made my trip the best it could be. I would most definitely stay there again if I travel back to Florence. Thank you to Hotel Casci!