“Charming, accommodating, perfect!”

Ranked #65 of 411 Hotels in Florence
florida
“Charming, accommodating, perfect!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I loved, loved, loved this hotel! It was in a perfect location...the staff was extremely accommodating and the price was so reasonable! I would stay here again when visiting Florence and will be recommending to all I know! It included a rooftop breakfast that was really fantastic with various cheeses, meats, pastries, and coffee! There is a little living area where we sat and had tea in the later evening...it was so homey! They arranged my taxi pickup, our outing in the country excursion, and even had offered and brought a tray of items for the next morning's breakfast when i had to leave earlier then breakfast was served! Near the Pointe Vecchio, the Uffizi, and most of the main sites in Florence and close to where my daughter was living, I just could not have been more pleased!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just had a long weekend at the Hermitage and would recommend it to anyone. I asked for a room with a view and that's exactly what we had - it was comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Its one minute from the Ponte Vecchio (which we could see from our room) and less than five from the Uffizi, so extremely handy. Great terrace on the top floor which would be amazing on a warm summer evening... all in all a fantastic place. I've only not given it an excellent as the heater in our room was a bit antiquated and not the best, but that was a small complaint in an otherwise great stay.

Room Tip: I booked a double deluxe and asked for a good view - which we got... hilariously we had a Jacuzzi ba...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Prodboy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Our family enjoyed a lovely stay at he Hermitage just before Christmas. The location could not be beat - just steps from the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi, and central to the heart of old Florence. The rooms were lovely and very accommodating. The bathrooms were modern and well-appointed.

Two notes - our adult children weren't happy with the very limited breakfast offerings. And accessibility-wise, from the street entrance there are 6-7 stairs up to the elevator. That's not a big deal, unless stairs are an important factor for you.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Hattrick56
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I wanted a hotel with European ambiance but having never been to Florence, booking Hotel Hermitage was somewhat of a gamble. Boy, did that gamble pay off a hundred-fold!!!

European quaintness and charm, coupled with the helpfulness and hospitality of the staff, plus amazing views from the roof-top terrace and a centralized location make Hotel Hermitage a wonderful choice. I booked a four-person room for my three girlfriends and myself. Our room had plenty of space to stretch out after a long day of touring, and when we requested that one of the double beds be converted to two singles the staff was cheerful and quick to help us out. We also arranged to leave our luggage behind for Day 2 of touring Florence before catching our train, and the Hotel Hermitage staff was happy to watch our bags for us for an entire day, even though we'd already checked out. (That was a life-saver!) All three of my friends were impressed with the hotel.

Hotel Hermitage is centrally located to many tourist sites in Florence: Piazza Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizzi Gallery, and a short walk to the Pitti Palace, the Duomo, and many other churches, art museums, markets and restaurants. We were in town the week before Christmas and it was just beautiful.

I will definitely be bringing my family back to Florence. Definitely staying at the Hotel Hermitage.
I'm very pleased I took that gamble!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hotel Hermitage is a hidden gem. Located steps away from the Ponte Vecchio and the Galleria Uffizi, it is my favorite hotel of my trip to Italy. You could not ask for a better location, yet despite being in the center of things, it still retains the peace and quiet of a small hotel. The price is also great. The rooms are basic but clean, and the real surprise comes in the rooftop terrace. It overlooks the river and Ponte Vecchio, as well as the Duomo and other famous Florence landmarks. You can have breakfast up there as well, which is just serene. Breakfast is complementary each morning. The staff are polite and friendly. Will definitely always stay here when in Florence.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank brownkatherine23
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have to agree with the other reviews as our stay at the Hermitage was perfect. 4 wonderful nights at this perfect location. Wonderful staff, beautiful rooftop garden and lovely breakfast...can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Porthleven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Located by Pont Vecchio within a walk of all the city attractions. We booked a first floor room with bridge and river view. The room had A/C and a spa bath which was well used after days walking the beautiful city. The hotel has a great roof garden, ideal for a relaxing pre dinner drink
The staff were very friendly and helped to book restaurants, galleries and museums without hesitation.
The hotel offered fast wifi and the room was particularly clean.
A fantastic base to explore Florence!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple