Gallery Hotel Art
Ponte Vecchio(Florence)
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)
Relais Uffizi(Florence)
1,108 results
All reviewsponte vecchiosister hotelfusion barprestige roomferragamo toiletrieslungarno collectionsalvatore ferragamoperfect locationrooftop barstylish hotelbottle of champagnearno riverour honeymoonupon checkdinner reservationsrooms are smallwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I stayed at Gallery Hotel Art whilst finding a place to live in Firenze. The hotel was beautiful, all the staff were lovely and helpful. Particularly Ilaria, who went out of her way to help me navigate searching rental ads in Italian, which was quite overwhelming when you don't really speak the language!
The rooms were lovely, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast was also excellent.
I was given a complementary upgrade when I first arrived to a larger room.
The location was also fantastic. It's just literally around the corner from the Ponte Vecchio, and close to all the main attractions of Florence.
Also, the Fusion Bar is a lovely place to spend some time, great food and a very cruisy atmosphere.
I'm so glad that this was where I stayed when I first arrived, it took a lot of the stress out of my first few weeks of moving to Italy.
A big thanks to all the friendly staff!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Just would like to drop a couple of lines in regards to our stay at your Hotel back in December.
We come from Las VEgas, Nevada, once a year but we never had the chance to stay at the Gallery Hotel. We wish we could staid there before because our experience was great. The staff was very knowledgeable, very helpful and professional, they really did exceeded our expectations.

We certainly will suggest your hotel to all of my colleagues and friend here in Vegas and we will definitely come back.

See you next December, if not sooner
Mataj, Rinaldo

Nice room
I'll come back for sure
Thanks Gallery

• Stayed: February 2011
Alessio_Ianna, Manager at Gallery Hotel Art, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Dear Sfuyt

We would like to thank you for having chosen the Gallery Art Hotel for your stay in Florence and for having found the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kindest regards

Alessio Ianna
Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2011

I travel to Florence every 6 months for work and have stayed at Gallery Hotel 5 times in total. The most important thing that I love about this hotel is its location – you honestly could not get any better location!! The rooms are modern, clean and surprisingly quiet for such a busy city. Beds are large and very comfortable.

The staff are friendly and always helpful in suggesting good restaurants/bars etc. (the Japanese/Fusion restaurant at the hotel is amazing ) I got engaged in Florence 2 years ago and the hotel staff arranged an amazing restaurant for my special night in Fiesole. I was so happy with their selection as it made our night extra special.

Breakfast in the morning has great coffee and beautiful fresh fruits, pastries and cereals. The hotel also has a reading room which you can chill out with a coffee after a day hitting the tourist sites, or in my case working a long day.

I have stayed in many hotels in Florence over the years and I would never want to try another. For the quality of hotel you are getting terrific value.

HIGHLY RECCOMEND!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

the gallery art is a lovely, well designed boutique hotel in one of the best possible locations in florence. the rooms are small, but walking into my room and the hotel each night felt like coming back to an oasis.

That said, the service at the front desk ranged from mediocre to terrible. I don't know if this is due to the hotel itself, or a european attitude towards hospitality (I have found concierge's/front desk reception in American hotels to be far friendlier and start from a higher baseline standard). For example, one night we asked the concierge on a saturday night for a recommendation on where to eat. He looked annoyed as he begrudgingly gave us a few, and pointed out the locations on the map. We walked over to two, before being turned away by each for not having a reservation. At a 4 or 5 star hotel, you would expect the concierge to think of also calling ahead and seeing if they could secure a reservation for you first, especially on a busy saturday evening. This hotel will not take extra, obvious steps like these for you. However, if you can deal with little to no service and are ok on your own, the hotel itself is lovely, well designed, and a great respite. It's a shame that not all dimensions could come together. I would recommend it to others due to it's location and design despite the service flaws, but just have them be aware of what to expect.

Also, although it's expensive, food in the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business