“Awesome stay - simply nuts!”
Review of Gallery Hotel Art

Gallery Hotel Art
Ranked #38 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Spectacular location, first-class service and incredible ambience! Extremely artistic and inspiring. My wife and I loved it, and would definitely stay again in it whenever in Florence. The reason i’m sharing this review, (which is my very first review i ever post online) is because the Manager of the place, Mr. Ianna, is one of the very few authentic managers i ever met or had to deal with. He personally invested time, energy and efforts making sure our stay was memorable and flawless..

Room Tip: The pent-house is simply out of this world.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My boyfriend and I spent three nights at the Gallery Hotel Art, and what a nice stay it was! The location is perfect as others have mentioned. You could actually see a piece of the Ponte Vecchio from our balcony (a very very small piece, but still). The hotel was very modern, and everything was brand new. The room itself was Europoean big, the balcony was definitely a nice touch. Note: the rooms are equipped with US outlets, definitely a plus! The staff members were super super friendly and helpful. From recommendations, to making reservations, they even had phone chargers you could borrow.
Overall, an amazing stay, will definitely be coming back next time we are in Firenze!

2  Thank Dahlia2214
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The hotel oozes trendyness and with a location an armslength away from the Ponte Vecchio, it can't be beaten.
Tidyness could be of a higher standard and staff at reception was unfriendly. Overall staff gives the impression of not really caring, very un-Firenze like. (I have visited more than 7 hotels here and know the area very well, my daughter spent a year at University here).

The restaurant is very nice with a covered terras where you can enjoy great fusion food with a good selection of Sushi as well.

1  Thank WeZoozExpert
Reviewed 10 July 2012

First time in Florence not to mention Italy for myself and my lady. Looked like a nice hotel. Ordered an airport transfer in advance, got picked up in a Merc S-Class, very nice. Reception was nice, unfortunately we were early so our room wasn't ready. We took a walk around Florence, beautiful city btw. A bit tourist crazy, this was end of April. Came back to hotel our room was ready. But the queen bed was put together by two singles! Hate falling in the crack in the middle of night. So we kindly asked the porter or bellhop if they had anything else, he quickly made a few calls and we were moved to another much bigger room with a king bed!
This hotel also has a sister hotel across and there is a rooftop bar where you can relax have a drink or two and enjoy a rooftop view of Firenze.
Breakfast here is lovely, lots of choices, cheese, meats juices etc.
Only bad thing is I asked the porter (Different gentleman) to book a restaurant for me, but when I got there no reservation, so we had to wait around for an hour in the area, which actually wasn't bad because we wandered into a student beer only bar with craft brews from Italy. Chatted up the owner and found common acquaintances! Small world, we live in New York.

Overall a lovely place to stay, in a quiet little courtyard right in the middle of Firenze and by the river. Would definitely return!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iakovk
Reviewed 8 July 2012

You can't beat the location at the steps of Pointe Vecchio. The visit started slow when we discovered the room we booked was so small and then the desk staff upgraded us to a Prestige room at no extra charge and the rest of the stay was great. We were there 5 days and the staff remembered us, which room we were staying in and what we liked to drink. (sparkling water, ice and a lemon for me). Loved the outdoor patio as a nice place to relax after a day of sightseeing (it was very hot in Florence).

Room Tip: Do pay for the Prestige room as the classic rooms are very small.
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I just spent 4 nights at the Gallery Hotel Art. The hotel was truly lovely with the location being right by the Ponte Vecchio. So, pretty convenient to walk around both sides of the Arno.
My room, 606, was very small. However, because there is a separate decent-sized entry where the closet is located, it kept the bedroom area from feeling too cramped. Also, this room had a terrace where you can see the top of the Duomo. I did not care for the bathroom in this room and I found it to be consistent with the other bathroom complaints for this hotel that I have read on Trip Advisor. It was very small and the door took up the whole bathroom while open. The tub/shower area did seem to be kind of moldy. I'm sure they clean it, but it seems so old it will just always look dirty unless they renovate. One thing that I found to be annoying is when you use your key card to enter the room a loud buzzer goes off. While you are in your room you can hear other buzzers going off when people enter their rooms. Very odd.
All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room was really charming. Breakfast was included with my room, but I'm not sure I would have paid extra for it. It was typical for Florence, but I've had better.
The hotel bar has outdoor seating and the setting is lovely.
Overall, a very nice hotel. A good option to consider when visiting Florence.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sw2nyc
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great location but that is it. Expensive boutique hotel with little character. The employees are not that friendly or flexible either, you are just one of the millions of tourists of Florence ! Our bathroom was tiny and very humid : no ventilation. I wish I had spend my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends