“Lukewarm...”
Review of Gallery Hotel Art

Gallery Hotel Art
Ranked #37 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I would have to agree with many of the reviews that I read on tripadvisor that the hotel is a little warn around the edges and, while I had a nice stay, I would not stay here again.

When I was in Rome last summer I stayed at a sister Lungarno hotel, Portrait Suites. This was an amazing, amazing hotel. But, just like sisters, one can be gorgeous and one can be sort of ok looking!

When I checked in and got to my room, it was super hot. The air-conditioner wasn't working, so I tried to call the front desk. Only a busy signal. No matter what number I dialed (operator, concierge, etc) all I would get was a busy signal. So I went downstairs in person to speak to someone. "oh, we need to turn the air conditioner on from here." How nice -- It was 100 degrees outside and they forgot to turn the AC on when the client checks in. When I asked about the phone not working I was told that the direct call buttons on the phone didn't really work, and the man at the desk wrote down the number that I should use to call the desk. Thanks. The room itself was awfully re-painted, (for example, the ceiling color was on the walls), and the shower had a large gap in the marble around the hardware that turned the water on (they cut the hole too large). I don't let things like this taint my vacation time, but for the price that you pay to stay in this hotel in a higher-end room I think it is reasonable to expect a certain standard. Lastly as others have stated, service is on the cool side.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is one of the best city hotels I've stayed at in all of Europe. I traveled here with my wife and daughter and we booked a Gallery Deluxe Room. It was a two level room complete with two bathrooms. The room was clean, modern and quite large. The location is perfect as it is very close to the river and all the sites. It's about a ten minute walk to the train station and I highly recommend a day trip to see The Leaning Tower of Pisa. The staff was very friendly, helpful and bilingual. Just across the street, the sister property of this hotel is The Continental. They have an incredible fifth floor outdoor bar which is a must see. This hotel is unique in the fact that they have traveling art exhibitions in their lobby. At present, there is a photo gallery of Marylyn Monroe. The AC was cold and the room functioned perfectly including a very quick wifi. I really can't say enough about this place as I was completely satisfied.

Room Tip: They serve breakfast; however, it's quit expensive. I suggest hitting the street and buying som...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

near Ponte Vecchio e Piazza della Signoria, perfect service and Staff, modern, clear and clean rooms, cozzy
confortable, the breakfast is a good choice, and the restaurant
the perfect place to stay in Florence

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Of all the hotels we stayed during our 3 week holiday across europe, this was by far the best!

We got a rate of 150 eur per room/nite - through the hotel website itself. Further, since we were on our honeymoon we got upgraded to a better room and got a complimentary bottle of champagne and biscuits on arrival.

The rooms are large, neat, clean and luxurious. We seriously couldnt ask for more. Without a doubt we will stay here again if we revisit florence. This is more like a 5 star hotel.

The photos you see on this website and on the hotels' are true depictions of what you get.

A big thank you to the reception staff for making this the best part of our trip through their great service!!

Room Tip: Look for discounted rates on the hotel website - we paid 150 eur a nite which was a steal. This is m...
1  Thank young c
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed with a friend and a big dog, and we all loved the hotel and its location.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Spectacular location, first-class service and incredible ambience! Extremely artistic and inspiring. My wife and I loved it, and would definitely stay again in it whenever in Florence. The reason i’m sharing this review, (which is my very first review i ever post online) is because the Manager of the place, Mr. Ianna, is one of the very few authentic managers i ever met or had to deal with. He personally invested time, energy and efforts making sure our stay was memorable and flawless..

Room Tip: The pent-house is simply out of this world.
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My boyfriend and I spent three nights at the Gallery Hotel Art, and what a nice stay it was! The location is perfect as others have mentioned. You could actually see a piece of the Ponte Vecchio from our balcony (a very very small piece, but still). The hotel was very modern, and everything was brand new. The room itself was Europoean big, the balcony was definitely a nice touch. Note: the rooms are equipped with US outlets, definitely a plus! The staff members were super super friendly and helpful. From recommendations, to making reservations, they even had phone chargers you could borrow.
Overall, an amazing stay, will definitely be coming back next time we are in Firenze!

2  Thank Dahlia2214