“Bellissima!”

Ranked #37 of 420 Hotels in Florence
London
“Bellissima!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Gallery Art on a business trip to Florence.

The hotel was magical, and the setting second to none. Adjacent to the Ponte Vecchio and centrally located, the hotel was ideal in every way.

The rooms were cool and contemporary decorated. Staff were wonderful and the entire experience simply gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Beautiful hotel, rooms are comfy and elegant, really nice bathrooms, big tub! Bar and restaurant also very nice, beautiful breakfast agin very elegant. It's located on the other side of the Ponte Vecchio as soon as you cross the Bridge, so the location is very good. Their other Hotel next door is also very nice. I liked it because it was a gathering place for well dresse, interesting people with great travel stories. The food is fusion food, Chinese? And Italian....they also put out tons of goodies during cocktail hour.

Room Tip: I have nothing to say here. Every room I've stayed in was really... Nice, tidy and emaculent.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two days, and had booked a package with a deluxe room, one dinner and two breakfast. The room was big, clean and very delightful. The breakfast was really nice! The fitness room was not worth the visit, then it's better to follow the litle runners map who was located on the night table. The hotel bar was nice, with friendly staff, and they served appetizers when you ordered drinks. The sky bar on the neighvour hotel is wurth the visit. Nice view! And really comfortable seating. The hotel is located near the ponte vecchio, and all the good stores and attractons. But still in a quiet place. The dinner that came with the package was really nice, and was at the sister hotel on the other side of the river, just a 5min walk. We think of this as real value for money.

From the hooneymooners from Norway

Room Tip: It's better to have the rooms located further up the floors, as they are more spacius
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed recently at Gallery Hotel Art, The hotel is in a great location, and is very well priced for the standard of hotel. We will return again, so many things to do in Florence along with great food. The room was very very clean, ready upon arrival and serviced, the staff where very helpful and recommended restaurants and booked these for us along with a roof terrace bar that was very popular opposite the hotel. I recommend visiting this roof terrace and making a reservation for drinks. (the sky bar)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor, great views
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

I began looking for a hotel for my girlfriend and I about 2 months ago. After a great deal of research Idecided on the Hotel Gallery Art. Let me simply say, if you have the chance to stay here do it! it isnt the cheapest hotel but I can personally tell you it is nicer than 75% of the hotels in Florence that cost twice as much.

pros
- beautiful rooms
- you can bargin on the price if you call directly
- literally next to the ponte vecchio (one of the main attractions in florence)
- not on a main street so there is an added level of privacy (without being secluded)
- great outside bar with complimentary sushi when you order a drink

cons
- breakfst is delicious but not worth 50 euro (at the time we were there is cost basically $74 USD)
- tiny elevators (though this should not matter, I mean common your in ITALY)

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I would have to agree with many of the reviews that I read on tripadvisor that the hotel is a little warn around the edges and, while I had a nice stay, I would not stay here again.

When I was in Rome last summer I stayed at a sister Lungarno hotel, Portrait Suites. This was an amazing, amazing hotel. But, just like sisters, one can be gorgeous and one can be sort of ok looking!

When I checked in and got to my room, it was super hot. The air-conditioner wasn't working, so I tried to call the front desk. Only a busy signal. No matter what number I dialed (operator, concierge, etc) all I would get was a busy signal. So I went downstairs in person to speak to someone. "oh, we need to turn the air conditioner on from here." How nice -- It was 100 degrees outside and they forgot to turn the AC on when the client checks in. When I asked about the phone not working I was told that the direct call buttons on the phone didn't really work, and the man at the desk wrote down the number that I should use to call the desk. Thanks. The room itself was awfully re-painted, (for example, the ceiling color was on the walls), and the shower had a large gap in the marble around the hardware that turned the water on (they cut the hole too large). I don't let things like this taint my vacation time, but for the price that you pay to stay in this hotel in a higher-end room I think it is reasonable to expect a certain standard. Lastly as others have stated, service is on the cool side.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is one of the best city hotels I've stayed at in all of Europe. I traveled here with my wife and daughter and we booked a Gallery Deluxe Room. It was a two level room complete with two bathrooms. The room was clean, modern and quite large. The location is perfect as it is very close to the river and all the sites. It's about a ten minute walk to the train station and I highly recommend a day trip to see The Leaning Tower of Pisa. The staff was very friendly, helpful and bilingual. Just across the street, the sister property of this hotel is The Continental. They have an incredible fifth floor outdoor bar which is a must see. This hotel is unique in the fact that they have traveling art exhibitions in their lobby. At present, there is a photo gallery of Marylyn Monroe. The AC was cold and the room functioned perfectly including a very quick wifi. I really can't say enough about this place as I was completely satisfied.

Room Tip: They serve breakfast; however, it's quit expensive. I suggest hitting the street and buying som...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family