“Anniversary stay”
Review of Hotel Savoy

Hotel Savoy
Ranked #26 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel Savoy.We very much enjoyed our 3 night stay at Hotel.Room was excellent and service throughout was faultless .Breakfast was good and we were looked after by attentative staff .
The location is prime .Easy access to all that Florence has to offer .15minute walk to train station for a shppoing day trip to Milan(book train ticket in advance)Would recommend!

Room Tip: Quietist rooms are top Floor rear
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArtisansLondon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We loved this hotel! The location is perfect, right in the heart of Florence, and easy walking distance to everywhere you want to be. The concierge was on point with recommendations. Everyone was very friendly. The room was large for Europe standards and very comfortable! Thank you for an excellent experience!

Room Tip: I believe some of the negative reviews are from people who took the cheapest room. Don't take t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

over the last 12 years that I am coming here,it always feels like coming home.
the rooms are perfect,and especially the location is perfect,same for the bar.
breakfast is really good,especially in the summer it is great to sit outside on piazza della republic.

Room Tip: on the front side with vieuws towards piazza della republic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The location was very central and the hotel staff was there to help every step of the way. Would recommend it any day. Located right on the square at at most a 10 minute walk from the major sites. Helped arrange our museum tickets in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I arrived here on Friday and leave tomorrow after 3 days and nights. From the moment I checked in, I have been impressed with the remarkable service of this very personal five star hotel. For starters, the location is the best in Florence; right on the Piazza della Repubblica. Everything is a short walk away. My room, a superior deluxe, looks onto the Piazza. Wonderful! The room is extremely spacious with modern minimalistic furnishings. The breakfasts are superb with a wide selection of the usual continental choices, all beautifully displayed. I have been so comfortable here. Above all else, the service is what would bring me back. You are greeted by name from the doorman onwards. Nothing is a problem and everything is done with a smile. I have also tried their sidewalk restaurant. The food was delicious and, once again, the service stood out. For people watching, it is the best place to be. The Savoy is, in my book, highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our second stay at The Savoy. We enjoyed our first stay so much that we chose to return for our 40th wedding anniversary. This is a really well situated hotel, close to all the sights and also the designer shops! From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were treated like royalty by all members of staff who instantly know your name and room number. Our room was on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel with a great view of the Duomo. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style with a wide range go breads , meats, cheeses , fruits and pastries. Service in the restaurant and the outside terrace is excellent - friendly and efficient. Special thanks must go to Cinzia Zanella , the Guest Relations Manager, who made our anniversary so special and sought us out to ensure that all was well with our stay. The outstanding feature of this hotel is the relationships between staff and guests. Free WiFi would be the icing on the cake.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne C
Cinzia Z, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guests,

I thank you for the lovely comments and for sharing your positive experience.
I will make sure to share your kind words with our team!

I would also like to inform you that from the last 1st of November a 2 hours complimentary wi-fi connection is available daily for such activities as checking your emails, doing your airline check-in and simple on line activities. For streaming or activities requiring a higher bandwidth a faster connection and service can be purchased at our regular costs.

I much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Florence.
My best wishes,

Cinzia Zanella
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I thought the Savoy was a lovely hotel in a perfect location. My room and bath were wonderful. I thought the food was okay, nothing special. My biggest disappointment was that for the high rates we paid the hotel still charges 20 euro per day for wireless. They had two old computers in the basement that guests could use but this was not adequate for people I was with.
Spectacular outdoor dining on a nice day!

Room Tip: Loved my room with step out balcony overlooking Piazza de Repubblica even though it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends