Hotel Savoy
Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
Costantini(Florence)
De Lanzi(Florence)
1,043 results
All reviewsrocco fortepiazza dellaperfect locationexecutive roomwalk in closetexcellent hotelfour seasonsfive star hotelour honeymoonbeautiful citygelatowithin easy walking distancevisiting florencearound the cornerrepublicaconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2008

One of the best hotels I have stayed at ever. It is extremely elegant. I had a view of the Duomo from my room. The hotel staff was so sweet. Very high-class hotel. Rooms were very nice and modern. Breakfast was great. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank courtneymg554
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We cut our stay in Rome short, due to the heat and called The Savoy on a whim to arrive the next day. I booked a room for my boyfriend and I, and we were delighted to find that they had upgraded us to a suite with two balconies and the most amazing view! Needless to say, the service was perfect the entire time. From the front desk, to the doorman and incredibly helpful concierge the service was impeccable. Everyone was genuinely friendly, kind and efficient.
The hotel itself feels new, upscale, and somewhat contemporary. Although the rooms are small, they are tastefully furnished and the bathroom was marble, tile and gorgeous. Our view and location was the most perfect we could have dreamed of. We will definitely be back and wouldn't imagine being in Florence in any other hotel.
As an extra aside, one day the concierge reserved a Mercedez with driver and guide. His name was Fabrizio and he took us to the Chianti region, where we had lunch and wine tasting at a vineyard in the hills. Yes, it was as perfect as it sounds.
Thank you to the manager, Simone, and to the staff. The Savoy was our favorite hotel during our trip to Italy and France. And this review comes from a traveler who wouldn't stay at any less than a five star.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank z2u
Reviewed 9 July 2008

As others say not cheap but all things considered it's Florence & can't think of anywhere better located. No noise problems even with a room overlooking the square. Helpful staff & good food. The only place that seems posher inside is the Four Seasons which is way more expensive and not at all well located.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank digbyl177
Reviewed 25 May 2008

If you book a hotel fromThe Leading Hotels of the world directory you will seldom be disappointed. The Savoy Hotel keeps this record intact. A wonderful hotel in a superb location standing on the Piazza della Republica right in the centre of this fabulous city.
We had a deluxe room ...slightly on the small size but beautifully furnished in warm earthy colours. Comfortable beds with pristine linen. Acres of marble in the large bathroom. Fluffy towels and masses of toiletries. Front desk and concierge service were excellent. We used their services a lot to book cars, restaurants etc. The bar was small but spilled out onto the piazza which made it very pleasant for early evening drinks. The breakfast buffet was nicely presented but could be a bit of a squeeze at busy times. We never ate in the restaurant...(too many great places to eat in Florence) but the food looked fine. The staff made the hotel. We stayed for 5 days but after day 1 we were always addressed by our names. Great attention to detail!
By Florence standards I thought the quality of the hotel was good value for money.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank Ian Phillips
Reviewed 19 May 2008

This hotel could not be in a better location in Florence. It is right in the main square; like many other reviews have stated. The main issue with this hotel are the prices from the rooms, to the drinks and food. Everything is extremely expensive. Let me add as other reviewers have that the rooms aren't spectacular either. They are pretty average and the larger ones are too expensive to justify the price. My husband and I got a great deal from a friend of ours that assisted us with the booking. We wouldn't have stayed at this hotel and paid the regular rates unless there was more amentities in the room. Also, when we were having dinner at the hotel restaurant, the waiter spilled my husband's drink all over me on accident. Since I was soaked and didn't complain much, we thought they would take the drink and/or service charge off the bill; they didn't. So that told me they are not always aimed for great service but money is what matters most. Overall I would say only stay here if you can get a discount, if not, it is not worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple