Hotel Savoy
US$329
US$282
US$258
Agoda.com
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$370
US$354
Orbitz.com
1,043 results
All reviewsrocco fortepiazza dellaperfect locationexecutive roomwalk in closetexcellent hotelfour seasonsfive star hotelour honeymoonbeautiful citygelatowithin easy walking distancevisiting florencearound the cornerrepublicaconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2005

Had high expectations of this place based on several things and was overall let down. Some staff surly while others downright rude. Service overall was spotty at best. Restaurant food was well below most Tuscan food we have had in other parts of Florence. Concierge restaurant recommendations were well below average and quite disappointing really. Think I would stay at the Excelsior again next time.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 1 September 2005

I have just returned from four amazing day's at the hotel Savoy Florence
I was a little apprehensive as it was the first time in Florence a forty something female on her first lone trip.
I need not have worried, the Savoy is without question a beautiful contemporary hotel. However what makes it stand out is the incredible staff.
All the Receptionist with warm greetings and advice, the Concierge Alexander, who organized my walking guide and booked all my museum visits.
Fabiana the guide, who gave me a very comprehensive history lesson.

The waiting staff bar none made me welcome and relaxed while dining alone. The food and wine list is excellent.
Annika the delightful housekeeper and all her team that catered to my every need.
I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough.

In contrast I decided to have dinner at the Villa San Michelle.
I had heard so much about the magnificent view; I wanted to get a feel of the place for a future visit.
When I arrived the stiff and unfriendly receptionist barely acknowledge me.
When I told him I had a dinner reservation; he did not show me into the dining room merely pointing the way, (no one else was in reception) so he had no excuse.
The waiting staffs were so formal it was a most unpleasant experience.
It was such a relief to return to the smiling faces at the Savoy.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

This was the first stop for my 40th birthday - and what an excellent choice. There was nothing you could fault about our stay. The room was immaculate and very comfortable. We even took photos of the corridors because they as stunning as the room. The staff were very helpful. Location perfect. Can't imagine going back to Florence and staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2004
9  Thank suzigun
Reviewed 2 August 2005

We stayed for several days including Easter. Very nice hotel and very very centrally located. Steps from the Duomo. Nice rooms although they were a bit small as are a lot of rooms in Italy. We had a room on the square (Palazo de Republica?) and it was neat but the Italians never go to bed so it was noisy! Our girls had a room across the hall and that is probably where we would stay next time. Great staff. Very clean hotel right in the heart of it all.

The hotel recommended a tour guide that was incredible. Private tour from Simone whos family has lived in Florence since the 1200's and he really knew his stuff. We took a architectural/art tour and it was very insightful. I would highly recommend it. Great history lesson.

The hotel staff also told us about the Easter Sunday activities in Florence - the "Exploding of the Cart" which happens on Easter before Mass. We just so happened to be there on the 900th anniversary of it. Spectacular. We may go back next Easter for it.

We felt like we had the best seats in the house in downtown florence. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2005
12  Thank jpatrick28
Reviewed 16 June 2005

We spent part of our honeymoon at this hotel & it really made me feel spoiled. The staff was excellent, going out of their way to meet our needs. The restaurant was amazing. My husband & I had dinner as well as cocktails and were surprised at the level of service we had with the restaurant and bar staff. The beds were heavenly (especially after staying in some terrible ones), bathrooms were nice, and we had a wonderful view of the Piazza as well as a nice walk-in closet. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: May 2005