Hotel Casci(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$212
US$177
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$198
US$96
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsformer conventchapel roomquiet streetsmall hotelclassical musicminute walk from the duomorestaurant suggestionsbreakfast serviceaccademia gallerywifi worked wellthe air conditioningyogurtflorence hotelstreet levelfour nightswithin walking distancewalked everywhere
Reviewed 12 April 2007

My wife and I just returned from an Italian vacation of which we stayed 3 days in Florence at the Morandi. I did tons of research picking hotels in all the cities we visited and chose based on multiple factors including location, price, and reviews. After reading reviews of the Morandi on Frommers, Trip Advisor and Venere, I felt comfortable booking there. However, when we got there it was even better than we had expected.

The hotel is in the heart of Florence but tucked away on a side street where there is almost no noise, traffic or tourists. It is no more than a 5 minute walk to the Accademia and 10 minutes from the Duomo. The whole place was extremely charming. It was originally a convent built in 1511 so it just oozes with character. Our room was amazing complete with a private terrace which can be seen in the pictures included in this posting. I think there are only a few rooms with terrace so you may want to ask in advance.

In addition, the concierge was extremely helpful and professional. They really went out of their way to make us comfortable and take care of us.

We highly recommend the Morandi.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Doublelama
Reviewed 4 August 2006

I normally read the Trip Advisor comments before I click the final "ok" on a lot of my hotel reservations. I've learned to read reviews of the hotels that I am well acquainted with, to read what people say about these hotels and compare them with what I know first hand. I did this to better gauge with what some say about the hotels that I don't know anything about. My advice: throw out the very best and then then the very worst, consider eveything in between.

We stayed at the Morandi last week. Most of the staff were super nice, and helpful. There is an Italian/American there named Frank. He was especially nice and directed us to a nice restaurant by the Academy Museum (I think it was actually called Academie Restaurante (try the "fresh pasta" with clams.)

Anyhow, I think that the Morandi is over rated. For starters you should know that there is no overnight desk clerk (I think that the last one is there stays until 9PM). So to get into the hotel after that you have to use your room key, which turns the lock to the outer main entrance door of the building (which is still not the hotel yet..
Then you walk up (a good 2 flights) to get to the entrance door of the hotel. Use your key again, then go to your room and....you guessed it, use your key again. Presumeably the locks must get more detailed in that your room key will only unlock your own room lock (I'll buy that.) You have to carry this (heavy, so you won't forget it somwhere) room key around with you the whole time that you are out. Still, so far, this isn't bad, but if you are elderly, might want to stay where there is a 24 hour staff.

When we initially arrived, we were told that because there was "a problem" with our double room earlier that day, we were to each have a single room. It was late. We were tired and were reassured that the next day would have the double that we booked. The single rooms are not much bigger than a shoe box. I pitty the person that has to travel alone, and then stay in one of these small rooms! They each have a small (almost cot size) twin mattress which one side is against the wall. I think the bed covers were old (not appealing, and made me suspect freshness.) You can almost touch the other side of the room while in bed. I think the bathrooms were clean, but the other (single room) was a little musty. I hate smells of this sort.

The next night we did have the double. It was fine.

Don't get suckered into that old hotel, "old world charm" that some well known tour books tout. You will see "old" all day long in the museums and other sites there so no need to sleep in it too unless that really appeals to you. Next time, I am going big, new, and fresh, magnetic cards.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank stevekm
Reviewed 29 July 2006

we stayed at the hotel morandi alla crocetta in mid july,2006. this was the middle of a two week trip that we have been planning for several months. we thought it would be nice to stay at this old convent to give us the real flavor of old italy. boy were we wrong. although it is located not too far from tourist attractions it is not on the right part of town either. we had a car and had to park it 2 blocks away in a small locked area that fit only 3 or 4 cars. if we needed the car the hotel attendant had to go and unlock it for us and possibly move other cars in order to get ours out. he also left at 9:00pm for the night so don't count on using it for the night. the rooms are all upstairs with no elevator. so we had to carry our suitcases up. there is no courtyard or any views. the rooms very very small and very tall giving your a dungeon feeling and the bathrooms were smaller than a cruise ship. everything was clean. the breakfast room was 8x8 with 3 tables and no windows. we asked for coffee in our room which my husband was going to bring himself and they told us they would bringit and then charged us 10euros. they had a computer in the room and it ended costing me 30 euros to use it. in the middle or the night the airconditioner went out bothe nights of our stay and there was no one around to complain to and when we checked out we told them that this happened and was offered 10 euros which insulted me even further. another couple complained that this happened to her for the whole 6 nights that she was there and that maybe they shut it down on purpose. regardless this hotel ruined my stay in florence and ended up not liking florence because of it

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank nytexan
Reviewed 11 April 2006

Morandi is very nice. It is a small hotel (very tough to find, a lot of 1 way streets, call first if you can), and they are very friendly. It could be closer to the sights in Florence, but that allows it to be very quiet. The rooms are large, and nicelt decorated. We had a breakfast garden/porch area attached to our room. They also have computers w/ internet connections (for a fee) in each room. The staff is very friendly. If you are ok with not being in a large, chain hotel (w/ bellmen, etc.), this is a great choice and value.

Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank GoMets
Reviewed 3 April 2006

We have been regulars at this hotel for years but our last visit was a disappointment. The concierge that was on duty during most of our stay (not one of the older fellows we know) seemed quite awkward and not particularly helpful. Even the new room cleaner had a bad attitude. It was very off-putting. The hotel itself is intimate and clean, the bathrooms are quite modern. We have always found the hotel to be very quiet. A word of caution, you must take stairs to enter the hotel and notify the concierge if you need help with your luggage. Breakfast is dreadful (always has been) go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2006