Before our trip we couldn't decide on a downtown Florence hotel or a countryside villa, and this turned out to be the perfect solution. It's a 30-minute downhill walk through their farm to the Pitti Palace. The building is spectacular and unique; it felt like living in history, with frescoed ceilings in the lobby. Very romantic. We began our stay with a poolside lunch service (excellent cold lunch, try vitello tonnato) with a spectacular view of all of Florence below (Duomo included). In 4 days we walked into town twice and walked up once, otherwise took cabs to the center of Florence and back. Breathtaking views of Florence and the Tuscan hills from rooms. Wonderful service from all staff. No air conditioning but plenty of mountain breeze through big windows. Breakfast on a lovely covered terrace with views. They have lobby Wifi although it wasn't working while we were there. We would have tried their restaurant except that we asked them to recommend another, which immediately became our favorite trattoria in Florence! (La Vecchia Bettola - easy downhill walk, but I recommend the cab back...) It's a bit pricey but very special. There are very few rooms so you will feel like family while you're there but it's private and quiet. It would easily be our first choice when we return to Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence