This is not a hotel, it is a dream come true. The family run typical tuscan villa dates back to the middle ages and is carefully restored keeping its personality intact and combining it with modern comfort. A magic place!
There is no such view onto Florence but the one of Bellosguardo. Even Piazzale Michelangelo -often described as the best view on Florence - is second to this. That is true not only for the magnificent large and quiet garden, the splendid pool but also for most of the rooms (being individually furnished with antiques).
We spent four days in October 2011 there and were delighted: such an intense athmosphere, absolute calm and peace. The staff being ever caring and so helpful. The breakfast on the large and sunny loggia was the perfect start in the day. Homemade marmelade!
Reaching the hotel for the first time might be a little adventurous if you drive yourself; arriving by taxi is advisable and comfortable. The city center can be reached by a pleasant and inspiring walk in 10-15 Minutes (i.e. the livly quarter around piazza del camine) We walked to the Uffici in about 20 Minutes and enjoy every Minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torre di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence