There are few places in the world like Florence. A rare gem. And so it seems only fitting that in Florence, there is another place that shares this magical sense of connection with history that is evident on every corner of Florence. A precious gem. Torre di Bellosguardo is a privately owned and run hotel, perfectly poised on a hill overlooking the city. The beautiful, old palace is surrounded by fantastic gardens, through which one can wonder through flower beds, vineyards and fields, down to the hustle and bustle of Florence.
I have been a guest at Bellosguardo many, many times. In fact, I have never stayed in another hotel in Florence, since almost 20 years ago, when I first stepped through the gate and into the wonderful and private world that this unique place offers.
Always well staffed, with just the service needed to allow you the feeling of actually staying in your own home, Bellosguardo offers the perfect antidote to the modern hysteria surrounding the hospitality industry. Here there are no designer frills or adulation for what´s in vogue. Not even a TV in the room, which is such a blessing!
Instead the hotel offers an honest and well executed experience in the time honored tradition of the business. There are few places in the world, I found, where one can stay in such private luxury, a luxury defined by originality and a deep sense of place along with a disarming charm and something that sadly becomes more and more rare in hotels these days: a wonderful feeling of always being welcome!
PS. And for those who worry about the summer heat in Florence, the old palace has just had state of the art air-condition put in all the rooms and suites! So go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence