Torre Di Bellosguardo
For anyone who likes great hotels, Art, and urban walking, this hotel is essential!
Let’s start with the walking. Leaving the font door of the fourteenth century building, half castello, half palazzo, a walk round the front displays the whole of Florence sprawling below - the Pitti Palace nearest, the Duomo a little further away. The Hotel sits in fourteen acres of lovingly tended Tuscan garden, including a small farm, all within the city boundary. The walk down past the vines and olive trees, from which the Hotel produces its own label wine and olive oil, takes about ten minutes. A few more minutes after leaving the Hotel’s grounds, brings one down to the famous Porta Roma, the old city entrance. Nine minutes later, and you are at the Pitti Palace. Walking onwards you reach Ponte Vecchio, only thirty five minutes from your bedroom. And the bedrooms and the views from them in this fantastic Hotel Torre di Bellosguardo are amazing as the walk.
The Torre is a built round a central tower from which Galileo observed the planets, which is now one of the best bedrooms in the hotel, but all the bedrooms are great. Each has been lovingly restored and improved. The furniture antique - we slept in a four poster, but with a perfect modern mattress! Many walls retain their original paneling some of which open to reveal the thoroughly modern bathroom, luxuriously appointed.
We stayed at the Torre in February – a delightful time to visit Florence as there are no crowds. Air conditioning for the summer has recently been installed throughout, but in winter the rooms were warm and cosy. A hot meal can now be provided in the evenings if you pre-order and don’t want to go out. This is a really very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence